Sunday, February 19, 2017

Full, warm weekend

On Saturday morning we headed out the door at 9:30 for Ian's basketball game. Paul's parents met us there. He got two baskets, and I actually got pictures of both of them! The picture of his first basket turned out better because I was right behind him when he shot the second one. After his game we made a quick run to McDonald's for lunch as we had about 40 minutes before we needed to head back for Nadia's game. She made a basket also! This was their sixth game of the season. Ian didn't score in two games, got one basket each in two games, got two baskets in one game, and got three baskets in one game. Nadia had a couple of steals this last game. All of the previous games her team has won by a landslide. According to the score board her team lost by three points, but that was because in the beginning they were up by more than ten points, and they don't allow the gap between the scores to be greater than ten points. If an accurate score had been kept during the whole game, they would have won by three points. There was one girl on the opposing team who was REALLY tall. Thus far Nadia didn't score any baskets in two of the games, and she scored one basket each in the other four games. They have a bye week next week, and then in the first two weeks of March they have their last two games.

After Nadia's game was over we went to the library. I also planned to take the kids to the playground near the library because it was in the SIXTIES in February, but for some odd reason they weren't interested. We stopped at Walmart on the way home, and wonder of wonders we only got the two things on my list - a lightbulb (funky kind) for Ian's light fixture in his bedroom and some socks for the kids. Usually when I enter Walmart with a short list I always come home with a lot of other items. Since we didn't go to the playground, it meant I had time to go for a run. I decided since I am horribly out of shape just to walk three miles. It felt heavenly to be out in the fresh air getting some exercise when it was so warm. I was wearing a t-shirt and capris in February! Wow! After we ate dinner we drove to church for a Married Night Out event that included child care for the kiddos. It lasted two hours and included some games, a devotional by one of the pastors, and some desserts. We were one of three couples at our table, and our table won one of the games.

This morning we were out the door at 8:15 for church. The kids sang in the 9:00 and 10:45 services. I didn't take any pictures, but I took a video of each service. I posted the one from the second service below. Nadia had a brief solo near the beginning of the song. Many different children had a little solo in it. Ian could have had one, but he declined. He said he accepted a solo for the next song. Oliver got some laughs. I think I'm giving him a break from the choir for the next seven months. I'll just let him stay in the airport (the class for four-year-olds) for both services on Sunday. That's what he'd prefer to do anyhow. Today he opted to stay in the service for the second service to sit with Grandma and Pop Pop rather than attend the choir rehearsal. Hopefully he'll be better behaved when he's five-years-old. Grandma and Pop Pop spent a few hours at our house this afternoon. I went for another three mile walk to take advantage of the opportunity to get exercise and to enjoy the gorgeous weather. I discovered I need to buy myself some new sneakers. These are going to become my lawn mowing shoes. We finished off our day by playing the board game Life and watching a VeggieTales dvd. Since Oliver was up past his bedtime the last two nights, I was glad we were able to tuck him in on-time tonight.







No comments: