
We really enjoyed spending a lot more time outside over the past week. The kids and I walked to the playground on Monday and Thursday. We spent some time at the park in Bloomsburg after spending a couple of hours in the Children's Museum on Wednesday. While Nadia and Ian had their ice skating lesson on Thursday, Oliver and I hung out at a playground close to the ice rink. It felt very strange to take them to ice skating lessons when it was 72 degrees outside. On Friday the kids played flag football outside during their 90 minute gym class, we went on a two hour hike at the state park, and then we spent about an hour at a playground in Lewisburg (and fed a few ducks) before going to the Awana games at our church. As an aside, the Sparks team that Ian was on won first place, and the T&T team that Nadia was on won second place last night. It got up to 76 degrees yesterday! All the fresh air and sunshine was heavenly. It started out warm this morning, but then a front passed through that brought rain and cooler temps. We did play nine holes of miniature golf inside a library this morning, but we ditched our plans to participate in the maple sugaring program at Montour Preserve this afternoon due to the rain. I am amazed that the ski resort is still open, but this means that Nadia, Ian, and I can keep our plans to ski with Grandpa on Monday.

This week was a big one for my dad and Margie as they settled on a wedding date. Many different options were considered over the past five weeks including getting married in Turkey in March and getting married in Virginia in July, but the current plan is for them to get married on August 12 in Lynchburg, Virginia, where Margie lives, which is about six hours from our home. I am very thankful they shifted the date about three weeks because the plan as of Wednesday was for them to get married on July 21, which would have been only 5 days after the date of my mom's funeral last year. Picking a date was a challenge given they were trying to accommodate the schedules of seven adult children. Yvonne is due to have her eighth baby next month and can't travel for a little while, Andrea (Margie's daughter) didn't want the wedding to be in May because that's when her parents got married, I was hoping the wedding wouldn't be in July because that's when my mom died last year, etc. It's still all rather surreal to me, but I have almost six months to adjust to the new reality.














No comments:
Post a Comment