Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day

In addition to thinking of my dad, Paul's dad, and Paul each Father's Day, I also remember our first baby because it was a little before Father's Day in 2005 that I found out I was pregnant. That was the first time I gave Paul a Father's Day card, and it was three more years until I gave him his second one. I hope my mom has met our first baby.

I had Nadia and Ian make cards for Paul and Pop Pop on Friday. I also got them each a can of cashews that day. Grandma helped Oliver make a card for Paul on Saturday when he
was at their house. The kids and I went to Sunday School during the first service. I was helping out with the 3rd-5th graders. Paul and his parents joined us at 10:45 for the worship service. Oliver joined us as well, although typically he stays in his class for both services. After church we went to Bonanza for dinner. I have never seen the place so crowded! Thankfully we were seated pretty quickly as we could only stay there for about 1hr 15 minutes as then we were heading back to see Titanic at 2:00. They did a top quality job with the
performance, but I can't say it's going to go down as my favorite musical. It was the first time we bought a ticket for Oliver to see a performance there. In the past Paul and I have taken turns staying home with him. It was a bit tough for him to sit through a 3 hour musical that wasn't as child friendly as the productions at Sight and Sound (more boring for a little guy), but I knew his ticket was cheaper than hiring a babysitter. On the way home I called my dad, and then after eating a little snack I mowed the lawn despite the fact it was about 90 degrees out, which is definitely not my favorite temp for mowing the lawn.

My kids love their Dad, Grandpa, and Pop Pop very much. Especially with the passing of my mom, I am not taking their presence in our lives for granted.













No comments: