I am sooo happy that our little girl has made it to this point! What a miracle! I also love the fact that I can feel her move so I have daily reassurance that she's still alive and well. I think the kicks are strong enough for Paul to feel, but it's just a matter of whether his hand can be there at the right moment. He hasn't felt her yet. Yesterday someone at work made a comment to me that they didn't realize I was pg (someone else had told her). So I guess it's still not obvious to everyone. I think part of it has to do with what I am wearing that particular day as I have in the past week had strangers comment that I am pg.
Today I get my new laptop at work. I am excited! It's like a new toy, LOL. It's not that our computers at home are that old (Paul's desktop is 4 years old and and my laptop is 2 years old). I am sure I won't bring my work laptop home all the time since we do already have two computers at home, but I will definitely do so when one of us needs to use software that we don't have which the school computers do (like SPSS for me and Adobe Illustrator for Paul). After today there are only 3 weeks left of classes this semester. Then we have a one week break and then have final exams May 5-9. Then I have a one week break before the 6 week summer session starts. I'll be teaching one class on Tu/Th from 5-8pm from May 20-June 26 and then I'll have two months off. The fall semester begins August 25. It will depend on when she's born as to whether I'll start that day or not. If she came on her EDD I wouldn't start until Sept 2 (unless she came by c-section then I wouldn't start until Sept. 15).
In the next week or so I plan to start trying to line up some babysitters who will watch our daughter in my office. I'll need 9 hours total a week, but it wouldn't have to be all done by one person. I am waiting to make sure my schedule doesn't change first. The 8:00 class doesn't have enough students yet (that's not a popular hour, LOL), but the students aren't done scheduling yet. The 9:00 and 10:00 sections are already full; so anyone else needing to take Language Arts Methods will need to sign up for the 8:00 class.
1 comment:
woo hoo!!!!!!!! 25 weeks! that is awesome!!!!!!!! have I told you lately how happy I am for you!!!
Post a Comment