Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Unanimous!

Well there are 3 happy bits of news to share tonight! First, I got a letter at work today from the university wide tenure committee stating that they unanimously (9-0) voted to recommend that the President grant me tenure. :-) In one category they said I met the requirements for tenure and in the other two categories they said I exceeded the requirements. YAHOOO! I was expecting it to turn out this way, but still it was wonderful to see it in black & white. Within the next month or so I should find out from the President about both tenure & promotion. I haven't gotten the letter from the university wide promotion committee yet. That will probably come in the next week.

Second, it seems Paul has gotten a 4th acceptance. We haven't received the official offer yet, but from an email they sent him today, it seems like Lehigh also has accepted Paul. Of course he's going to go to PSU as it's rated much higher nationally than Lehigh, but I am proud of my hubby that so far he's 4 out of 6 for acceptances (still haven't heard either way from Carnegie Mellon or Duquesne).


Third, I got an email stating that my new laptop has arrived at work. Hopefully they will set it up soon. :-) This will replace my desktop in my office. My current office computer is OLD and very SLOW. I've been there 4 years with this same computer and have no idea how long it was there before I got there (even though supposedly all computers on campus are replaced every 3 years). Paul is thrilled also because he needs to use Adobe Illustrator for part of his thesis and that software will be installed on my laptop (there wasn't room on my old computer for it although most profs did already have it on their computer). So I can bring my work laptop home at night when he needs to use that software at home.

I've also attached one belly shot taken today. Paul said this photo doesn't really show my belly like it looks in real life. They say the camera normally adds weight to a person, does it subtract inches when pg? LOL! I'll have him take another photo in another outfit later this week. My mom gave me this shirt the day before Easter as an early bday gift. You can't see it in the photo, but it says "baby" in silver glitter letters on the front near the top. I wore it with a solid blue skirt today (no bow on this skirt, LOL) and wore my lime green sandals since it got near 70 degrees today (WOOHOO!). Normally I am not THIS coordinated but the funny thing is I have one rain coat and it's navy blue with lime green trim and since it was raining today I wore the coat so it matched my outfit perfectly. I got quite a few comments about that. It's not like I have a rain coat for every outfit - it's truly my only rain coat and happened to match my outfit today! :-) So maybe the photo doesn't do my belly justice but let me say in the past 3 days I have gotten belly comments from quite a few people and usually the word "big" has been included. In fact I have just now reached the stage where even people who don't know me have said to me - oh you are pg. So I am far enough along now that finally even strangers can figure it out. Hopefully another photo tomorrow or Thursday will demonstrate it more clearly. :-)

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Cute! Can't wait to see more pics. And what I liked was that this one was a full-length shot so we could see your smiling face too!

lysb said...

Ruthie - you look fabulous! so darn cute! I'm still over the moon thrilled for you both and glad you are doing well, hugs and kisses,