Well as the days go by I can feel her moving a greater and greater percentage of the day (and night). I notice when I roll over in bed to switch sides that usually prompts some serious kicking for example. I still don't think it's strong enough for Paul to feel from the outside. Hopefully soon it will be. In just a few days I'll be down to double digits in terms of days til her EDD. YAHOO! I'm also only 11 days away from the 3rd trimester!! YIPPEE! I just can't wait to hold her in my arms.Still no progress on picking a name. Paul spent some time reading through a big baby name book we've owned for a few years, and he keeps just coming back to Victoria. He thinks that's the perfect name. I don't agree. Also, he absolutely doesn't like Vicky, and I think with a 4 syllable name there is a VERY good possibility it will be shortened. I agree that Victoria goes well with our last name, but it's just not a name I like for our daughter. I think he's a little miffed that I am rejecting his choice, but I responded that he's probably rejected about 50 of my choices for girls names so I don't think the problem is that I am being too picky if I've just rejected one. I will say I am getting really, really, really tired of being asked if we have a name yet. I estimate that on an average day I am asked at least 10 times a day - could be ladies at Bible study, a stranger, a prof or student at work, etc. I feel like wearing a sign that informs people we haven't picked a name yet so they won't keep asking me every day. I am trying to be patient as trust me if it were up to me we would have picked a girl's name a month ago at least, but it's definitely harder to be patient when I am being asked so many times a day - EVERY day. Well hopefully sometime in the next several weeks we'll come up with a name we both like. It's definitely not an easy task though!
As promised, here's one more belly shot (taken 24w5d). I should add a disclaimer that most of these belly photos are taken at the end of a day so it's been a longggg time since a brush went through my hair or any makeup went on my face. For example this one was taken at about 7pm on a day when I had been out the door at 8:30 that morning (and no primping in between). I think you can tell from the photos how very low I am carrying her. Her head could not be any farther down, LOL! I heard someone talk about dropping at the end of pgcy, and if the placenta situation doesn't change there won't be any dropping going on for me. When the cardiologist started the u/s he started near my belly button, and I thought nope she's not up there. Sure enough he spent most of his time much lower on my belly. So I think I can judge the placenta situation to some degree just by where I feel her kicking.
3 comments:
I think you look beautiful! Brush and makeup aside....you have the pregnancy glo!
Pretty photo! I just love belly photos.
I like the name Victoria, but I really love the shortened name of Tori. The only negative is that it reminds me of Tori Spelling, lol! But if I were to adopt again, the names I pick would be Tori, Josie, Macy and Phoebe.
Can you tell I like names that end in an "e" sound? LOL!!
You look awesome!
Post a Comment