The first photo is of a balloon I was given by my colleagues two full months ago. I can't believe it's lasted this long!!! The second was taken yesterday. Since Daddy can't hold her (due to poison ivy) when I've been holding her and need to do something (like use the bathroom) this is where I put her (with Paul watching her).
She's wearing a preemie outfit that Donna (from church) brought yesterday when she delivered some groceries for us. Thanks, Donna!!! Her daughter had received this outfit, but it didn't fit her granddaughter (as a side note, I had Donna's daughter as a student at the university). The socks she is wearing here were a gift from Cheri. These socks win the prize as they NEVER fell off (and she wore them more than 12 hours). Wow! The other socks she owns tend to fall off pretty easily.
Tomorrow morning Paul will be at the house we are hoping to buy as the inspections (home, radon, pest) are being done. Yesterday he sent his advisor chapter two of his thesis which means he's half-way done. That chapter was 31 pages long. He has about 2 weeks to finish. The man buying our home will be coming to see it Friday morning (for the first time) and then in the afternoon he's having the inspections done (home, radon, water, sewer, and pest). We are praying everything goes well on Friday!!!
My shoes FIT today. WOOHOO! My feet are not 100% back to normal in terms of the swelling, but we're almost there. I weighed myself at the doctor's office and found that I have lost 10 lbs in the last week (water weight I am sure!). Last Tues I wasn't very happy when I was weighed and had only lost 8 lbs. So now I've lost 18 lbs since 6-23 (day I went into labor). I guess the rest of the weight will probably take a lot longer to lose. Once I feel up to exercising that should help. I think I need a little more sleep first though! It's amazing to me how well I am functioning these days on 1/2 the sleep I usually get. So how long does this sleep deprivation state last? Just wondering how many more weeks I have left before I get a more reasonable amount of sleep. Well it will help once Paul is able to hold her again. I have great admiration for single parents having gone 5 days as the only one caring for Nadia!!
1 comment:
Oh she looks so adorably tiny on that chair!!!!
Post a Comment