Thursday, August 28, 2008

Grandma

I decided it was highly unlikely that it would work out for me to care for Nadia while teaching from 8:25-8:50 and 9:00-9:20 so Paul called his mom and she agreed to come up to our house and babysit Nadia from 7:30-11:30. I'll cancel my office hours tomorrow so that I can get home earlier than I usually would. The other reason is that Nadia had an AWFUL day. From 8:20am when she got up until 5:15pm she slept a whopping 30 minutes total. Instead she screamed. So I didn't get the nap I was hoping for aside from getting 5 minutes here and there myself. I hope this is from the shot and hope it will wear off ASAP. I hope she sleeps tonight. She sure should be tired!!!! In case she would still be fussy tomorrow (fussy seems too mild of a term to use to be honest) that was the other reason we asked Paul's mom to come up and watch her. So her next day at school won't be until Wednesday since Monday is Labor Day. She'll have a different babysitter next week. Ashley and Angela are alternating weeks. I have to say I felt like a horrible mom today. I know it's not true, but it's hard not to feel that way when your little one just keeps crying and crying and crying. It's funny because earlier in the week I said my goals for Thursday were to mow the front lawn and get a lot of packing done. Last night my goal for today changed to - get sleep (naps). Then as the day went on my goal switched to - get Nadia to stop crying. Well I didn't get any packing done or mow or get a nap, but she has been calm the last couple of hours. I'm going to try to put her to bed shortly (8pm).

The only thing I accomplished was to sort through her clothes. It was very sad for me as I realized there are more than 10 outfits (size 0-3 months) that she never wore and never will as they are too summery (sleeveless etc). Really she doesn't fit 0-3 month size bottoms yet. The shirt fit that she wore today but the bottoms kept falling down. She never wore the outfit we bought her in St. Thomas for example - the first outfit I bought her was a tshirt/shorts size 0-3 months, but it still doesn't fit her so she'll never wear it. :-( A few others were ones I purchased, but mostly they were baby shower gifts. I have only one thing in size 0-3 months that is long sleeved (a dress) besides the 3 sleepers that are of course long sleeved. So I need to get her some 0-3 month play clothes and a couple of dresses for the fall. It will be fun to shop for her! :-) I do have a few outfits in size 3-6 months that are long sleeved that I was given as gifts (maybe 3-4 outfits), and I just ordered her one dress in that size on eBay earlier this week. I'll hold off on buying in that size until I know for sure when she's going to start wearing that size. For now I'll just buy some warmer clothes in size 0-3 months. Her arms get cold rather easily so I think she needs to wear long sleeved clothing.

3 comments:

TylerandBrianne said...

How is her cold? Is she still stuffy? I always worried that my little ones were getting an ear infection. (maybe a better work is paranoid)I hope things are better. I promise it does get better.

Donna said...

They really do grow up fast! She is a beautiful baby girl.

Joanna said...

I think everyone has days like this! I promise, you're not the only one. :)

And I cried when I put Noah's 0-3mo clothes away (when he was a month old, LOL). Funny how stuff affects us!