Friday, October 2, 2009

Early Bird

Well Nadia's sleeping habits have been a bit erratic lately. Tuesday and Wednesday she woke up between 6:15-6:30am, Thursday at 7:15am, and this morning at 5:15am. She cried a couple of minutes and then was quiet until 5:30 and then cried another couple of minutes and was quiet until 5:50 when I went and got her. I modify the time I put her down for her morning nap based on when she got up. The earliest I put her down is 8am, and the latest is 9:30am. She generally takes about 30 minutes to fall asleep and then sleeps for about 90 minutes. Then I put her back down about 3 hours later; this means her afternoon nap usually starts sometime between 1-2:30pm. The length of this nap has been very variable. I had to wake her up on Tuesday to take her to Sarah's, and other days this nap is not even 45 minutes long. Her bedtime has been pretty consistent - between 7:15-7:30pm. Tonight for some odd reason she is having a really hard time going to sleep. It's 9:00pm, and she's still awake. I have no idea why! Usually she goes to sleep very easily at bedtime. She'd better not get up at 5:15am tomorrow in light of her very late bedtime tonight!
I had some more bleeding today. I haven't had any contractions since Saturday night, but I've had a little bleeding on Sunday morning, Wednesday evening, and this afternoon. The quantity was the greatest today. I called the OB triage nurse, and she said to stay off my feet as much as possible, drink 8 ounces of water each hour, and not lift anything over 20 lbs. I said that is impossible as my 15 month old daughter weighs more than 20 lbs. I said I would try to lift her as infrequently as possible. This weekend Paul can do most of the lifting, but starting on Monday I'll be lifting her again. My next OB appt is scheduled for Thursday.

1 comment:

TylerandBrianne said...

OK so you and I have got to stop this crazy pg bit. It is way too early for us to have these problems. I am so tired of staying in the house. I am just hoping that on Monday I get to go back to normal. I keep thinking of things I need to get done in case I am put on total bed rest. Christmas for the kids.... Halloween outfits for the kids... will I miss going to trunk or treat with the kids??