Over the past month Oliver:
1. Started enjoying watching tv.
2. His afternoon nap got longer. It now is 1.5-2.0 hours long most days. A short nap for him lasts 75 mintues. He has completely adjusted to not having a morning nap. I have adjusted to him running around while I am homeschooling.
3. Fell in love with fruit snacks and fruit roll-ups. He would eat pack and after pack, if I'd let him.
4. Completely stopped crawling.
5. Recovered from his first surgery. I'm hoping that his umbilical hernia will resolve on its own so he won't have to have that surgery when he's five.
6. Showed improvement with being in his car seat (less crying).
7. Continued to sing while I sing to him in the glider in his bedroom before his nap and before bed at night. On February 9th, I took him back in the choir room with me (since he was a bit fragile due to recovering from his surgery that took place two days earlier), and he was singing so loudly while the choir was rehearsing (sometimes even on the right note!) that it was very distracting to the choir members. They were really enjoying him. It was suggested I sign him up for King's Kids (the children's choir). It was very adorable!
8. Didn't get any more teeth. Tooth number twelve has been oh so close to breaking through the gums for a few weeks, but it still hasn't done so. I thought for sure it would have broken through before he turned 19 months, but I was wrong.
9. His rash still hasn't gone away on his face. He's had it for two months now. I mentioned it to the Pediatrician today, and the doctor had no clue what is causing it or what to do to help it go away. It was the only question I had for the doctor, and I was definitely disappointed that he was zero help.
10. Has gotten much better about only throwing balls. He still loves to throw balls of any size or shape, but he's done a better job at not throwing other toys, food, sippy cups, etc.
11. Grew out of his size 4 shoes. I need to buy him some size 5 dress shoes because Ian was wearing sandals when he was in size 5. He also grew out of his size 12 month pants. That was the only thing he had been wearing in size 12 months the last couple of months. He's now only wearing size 18 month clothing. At the doctor's office today he weighed 24lb 3oz, which means he didn't gain any weight over the past month as he weighed that much at CHOP 4 weeks ago. It still puts him at the 24th percentile, which is higher than he was at his 15 month appointment! His head circumference was 48.5cm today (66th percentile compared to 30th percentile 4 months ago), and they said he was 32.5 inches long. At CHOP they measured him standing up. I wish I had written down what they told me then, as I think that's far more accurate than the lying down and making marks on the paper way of measuring. If this is accurate, he's at the 46th percentile (75th percentile using the adjusted chart).
12. Got his last two immunizations until he's five years old (not counting the flu shot). WOOHOO! He had the Hep A and DTaP today. It's so nice to know he doesn't need any shots at his 2 year appointment!
13. Slept until 7am a few times. He almost always wakes up between 6:15-6:30am, which means he's getting 10.25-10.5 hours of sleep at night. One time over the past month he slept 12 hours straight! Ideally, I'd like him to sleep 11 hours at night. Maybe when the clocks "spring forward" that might start happening more often.


No comments:
Post a Comment