I have been making a stew, soup, or chili once a week. The kids are not big fans of this new plan, but hopefully over time they'll grow to like some of these recipes. I made split pea and ham soup for the first time in January and white bean and ham soup for the first time in February. Paul really liked the second one.
In January I read the book Everyday Confetti, but I'm still working on fleshing out my list of celebrations throughout the year. I felt like I did a better job making Valentine's Day special for the kids this year.
Nadia has been doing a better job of keeping her room neater in general, although there is still room for growth with that goal!
Ian has been doing a much better job with playing games with rules (Uno, Bingo, and Candyland for example) and over the past two months he learned how to write all his uppercase letters! Prior to January he only knew one (I). He's come a long way in the past two months! Today he learned the last four: K, S, Z, and Y. He definitely needs more practice, but he has written every letter at least a few times independently. The little chalkboard that Handwriting without Tears makes was a big help for him. Nadia never used it.
Oliver is getting better at using a spoon and fork. We are trying to transition him away from eating everything with his fingers. He definitely is a walker now. No more crawling for Mr. Oliver!
I made my first lemon meringue pie last month! I want to make one pie or cheesecake each month. Pecan pie and peanut butter pie are two on the list!
Nadia has been wearing her thumb guards for three weeks. I don't think that's going to be enough so today I ordered some stuff on Amazon that makes your thumb taste terrible. I hope that does the trick! Today Ian announced that he wants to start working on stopping playing with his belly button. We shall see how that goes!
Ian has made progress with feeding himself dinner. There are still days when he takes FOREVER, but generally he finishes in the right amount of time. In particular he has a much better attitude about pasta these days.
Nadia helped me write letters to the kids we sponsor through Compassion International once last month (very first time she did that).
Ian is finally totally independent with going to the bathroom, except we need to work on using an appropriate amount of toilet paper to wipe. One time today he used almost an ENTIRE roll of toilet paper. Needless to say I needed to do quite a bit of plunging.
The rest of the goals not mentioned above are ones that I didn't make any progress on yet. In particular I'd like to work on these four during the next two months:
1. Make crepes for the first time ever on one of our breakfast for dinner nights.
2. Make at least one homemade pizza
3. Be more faithful at working on Bible verses with the kids every day (we do it every week but not every day)
4. Start doing at least one craft a week with the kids
1 comment:
We had the belly button issue for a while, a few times when it looked sore I actually put a bandaid over it, it drove Evan nuts and would stop him for a while. Our outie finally became a flat belly button at the age of 6! Good luck!! Love the pictures and updates I haven't been so good with my blog.
Post a Comment