Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday

1. Paul enjoyed being on spring break last week. It was nice to see him a bit more than usual.

2. Paul received an invitation to participate in a phone interview with Mars Hill University (application #26) in North Carolina for a position teaching physics and chemistry. We got a rejection email from AACC today (his most recent phone interview and the 20th application). I'm praying that he is picked to interview at Mars Hill. All along we've said that NC and VA would be our top two choices of where to live.

3. Oliver has been communicating his wishes more clearly lately. He'll walk up to the refrigerator and say things like "cheese" or "juice" or "milk." It's very helpful to know more precisely what he wants! Sometimes of course he doesn't get what he wants. At the library yesterday he walked to the door and said "go bye bye" when it wasn't time to leave.

4. I discovered on Monday evening that Nadia's soccer cleats didn't fit her any more. I sent her to practice in sneakers and planned to buy her some new cleats, but it turned out one of the coaches had a pair that her child had outgrown, and she gave the to Paul. They fit Nadia perfectly!

5. Paul's parents came up to see Nadia's last basketball game on Saturday.

6. For about two weeks I didn't see any new ads for myself or Paul, but the last couple of days I have been working on applications again. I'm up to 14 for myself (considering a 15th) and 32 for Paul. I check HigherEdJobs.com and ChronicleVitae.com ALL day long. I am grateful there have been more positions listed, but I also cannot wait for the day when we are done with applying for jobs and participating in interview. Praying that one of us is offered a permanent job for August.



No comments: