So many times in life it seems we take several steps forward and then a few backward. In terms of eating by spoon Ian definitely took a few steps backward the past few days. He would start screaming if he even saw me holding a bib or attempting to put him in the high chair. I tried feeding him in my lap. I tried not using any bib. The only way I got any food in him on Saturday or Sunday was by holding his hands down and holding his face still. Both days I fed him one container of vanilla pudding. His total consumption by spoon was 3.5 ounces a day those 2 days. He had been eating about 15 ounces a day prior to Friday. Since he was throwing up so much yesterday I didn't even attempt to feed him anything. The good news is that I tried at dinner for the first time tonight, and although at first he resisted, I then got him to eat almost 6 ounces in one sitting (first some vanilla yogurt and then some orange/banana baby food). I was very, very relieved that he ate so much tonight. I had been scared that we'd be starting back at square one. Whew...
He still threw up a fair amount today, but it wasn't as bad as on Monday. Unfortunately two of the times he chucked today were when he was in the church nursery (on their carpet both times). Sorry! I'm hoping that soon it will be back to what had been normal lately - which wasn't much chucking at all (thankfully!).
Nadia on the other hand didn't eat anything for dinner tonight. I made chicken enchiladas, which previously she had wolfed down (she called it pizza). She didn't take even one bite. She just decided she didn't like it. So she just sat at the table for about 90 minutes and drank water. I can't wait until she gets past this stage of being so quick to assume she doesn't like something, even if she hasn't taken one bite of it.
Ian is definitely making more progress with walking. There were times when he took more than 20 consecutive steps! Way to go, Ian! He also has added a third word to his vocabulary. I realize his expressive vocabulary is smaller than the norm for his age, but I'm grateful he's added a third word - nana (which means Nadia). His first three words were Mama, Dada, and Nana. Awww.....
Ian has been getting up very early ever since he went on his food strike. Previously he had been waking up at 5:45 almost every morning. Saturday through Monday he woke up prior to 5am (as early as 4:15). Each of those days I let him cry for about an hour and then went and got him around 5:45ish each morning. This morning he woke up even earlier (prior to 4am) but thankfully he just fussed a few minutes and then slept until 5:30. I got him at 5:30. That was technically earlier than I had gotten him lately but actually it meant he slept more last night than he had lately. Hopefully if he gets back to eating then he'll get back to sleeping because even though I am in bed until 5:45, I am awake when he's crying. This means my day has been starting prior to 5am every day. To compensate I went to bed at 8pm the last 2 nights. It's 8:45 right now so I think I'd better scoot to bed.
Nadia's art class ended last week. Yesterday she made four cards using markers, stamps and stamp pads, do-a-dot markers, stickers, pom poms, and glue. She had a lot of fun! She made 3 thank you cards, and we delivered those to our neighbors yesterday. She also made Grandma an Ea40ster card. Today was the last day of ladies Bible study. I'm going to miss it, and I think Nadia will miss it also. We'll be going back in the fall. Starting next week I'll be joining a 6 week Bible study on Tuesday nights through my church.
No comments:
Post a Comment