Monday, March 28, 2011

Ian wants to walk!

Ian has taken a few steps at a time the past few weeks, but it has almost always only happened when we've encouraged him to do so. Over the last couple of days he started standing up without holding on to anything for the first time, and today for the first time he started walking more than 10 steps at a time. He was sooo proud of himself; he was bursting with excitement! He practiced his skill a LOT today - of his own initiative. I was honestly beginning to wonder when he'd start walking. Well I think before he turns 16 months old (in 2 weeks), I'll be able to say he's walking! I keep reminding myself that every child is on their own time table. Ian and Nadia seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum. I think around 12 months is the average. Nadia started walking at 9 months and had it mastered by 10 months. Ian on the other hand waited until 15 months. You just never know what to expect! Here are two short video clips of him walking today.

It was nice to have this happy event brighten our day because it was a rough day for Ian. His congestion (runny nose and cough) are worse which means that in addition to wiping his nose 5 million times today, I was cleaning up his projectile vomit All Day Long. That isn't fun for Mommy or Ian. That's also why his outfit (in these photos) doesn't really match. I can't remember how many shirts he wore today. He wore quite a few. Thankfully he only sabotaged one of my outfits today. I didn't even attempt to feed him by spoon. He's been on strike the past 3 days, and I knew it wasn't worth trying today given how much he was throwing up.





3 comments:

Lisa said...

So sorry about the food strike and constant vomitting but yay for Ian starting to walk. None of our kids walked until at least 14 months old, Katelyn not until 16 months. I can remember feeling a sense of relief when she finally figured it out too!

Jenn said...

Go Ian! Go Ian!

Believeitwillhappen said...

Evan didn't walk until almost 16 months, I think I held him to much!! Sara was 14 months, and they both were running within weeks. Get your sneakers on we'll both be chasing all summer long and wishing they were not walking yet!