I think one reason it's easy to let goals for the year slip to the wayside is because we honestly just forget what they were. So I've decided for the rest of the year to do a check-up around the first of each month to try to hold myself accountable.
One goal (the 8th one) has partially been met in that Ian is daytime potty trained. Also, we have plans to spend the month of April at Hershey which should address the eating part of that goal. Hopefully by the end of 2012 he'll also be wearing underwear overnight. Ian made one significant step of progress in his potty training today in that he pooped on a public potty for the first time! Unless he's pooped at church for a nursery worker, this was her first time pooping in any potty other than his frog potty as he went at gymnastics today. Way to go, Ian!
It's been easier to keep up with my quiet time lately because I've been doing a Bible study in the book of James over the past seven weeks. The test will be when this study ends if I can stay consistent.
In January I did make a plan for the meals for the month, but I didn't do that in February. I'm going to work on that this week for the month of March. I probably won't attempt it for April since we won't be home very much that month. I have still been doing pretty well at trying new recipes. When I make the plan for March, I think I'm going to avoid crockpot recipes. I discovered yesterday that cooking with a crockpot in the first trimester is NOT a smart move. Oh the nausea from the smell of food cooking...
I haven't been consistent yet with Nadia' chores, but she is helping out more around the house. I'm definitely doing better with being more consistent with "homeschooling." Today for example I started working with her on learning the names of baby animals (foal, kid, calf, etc.), and we work on her letters and numbers almost every day. I haven't started teaching them sign language. I forgot! I'd like to start that THIS month.
I haven't worked on honing my photography skills lately. Hopefully I'll have time for that in the near future. I have done better with not making five million photo books. I am planning on making one towards the end of this month, which will be the first one I've made in 2012.
So, I have made progress in some areas, and in other areas I need to get back on the bandwagon so to speak! I didn't have any weight type goal on my goals for the year this time because I wasn't sure if I was going to conceive or not. I do have as a goal that I gain less than 30 pounds during the whole pregnancy. Speaking of the pregnancy, I am 9 weeks as of today! The ticker says that baby is over one inch long and has 10 fingers and 10 toes. Amazing. My first OB appointment is next week.
2 comments:
I started the James study this morning!
Post a Comment