Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goals for 2012

1. I am doing much better at trying new recipes. I set a goal of trying 80 new recipes by April 21, 2017, and I've already achieved it! I used to go months without baking, and now a week rarely passes when I don't bake a treat. In November I created a schedule for the month of what I'd make for our dinners. I want to make this a regular habit in 2012 as it helps me be purposeful about trying new recipes and also ensures that I don't get in a rut in terms of only serving a few different things.

2. I want to be more organized in how often I make photo books, scrapbooks, etc. I went a little nuts in 2011 and actually made too many photo books. Also, I want to drastically cut back on how many pictures I order 4x6 prints of - even if I get them for free. I need a few for the refrigerator and some picture frames, but I can cut way back in this area since I make photo books and also get the blog published periodically because otherwise I end up making photo albums in addition to the photo books and publishing the blog. The upside of my overkill this past year is that I'll have plenty to share with Nadia and Ian when they move out on their own, and I'll still be able to keep some for myself.

3. I want to keep developing my skills as a photographer as I transition to shooting in manual mode on my DSLR.

4. I want to start teaching Ian and Nadia some sign language (starting this month) and Spanish (starting in August).

5. I'd like to be more organized with my homeschooling plans for Nadia now that she's finally starting to be able to identify a few letters of the alphabet.

6. I want to be more faithful with my daily quiet time during the weeks I'm not participating in a Bible study. It's much easier to be faithful when I have homework to do for a study.

7. I'd like to start giving Nadia some chores for her to complete each day/week. I'd also like to start giving her an allowance. I planned to start this last June, but it hasn't happened yet.

8. I want to potty train Ian. I actually planned to start it yesterday, but I postponed it since he had a fever, cough, runny nose, etc. I also want to do whatever I can to help Ian learn to chew and swallow table food.

No comments: