Last summer I made our first summer "bucket list," and the kids helped me make our second list for this summer. We have completed 35 of the 100 things on our list so far. Some of the ones checked off have included: picking strawberries, eating watermelon, eating corn on the cob, feeding the ducks (did that today), tennis lessons (finished those today), going to Penn's Cave, etc. Most of the items on our list are things we have done before (many not since last summer), but a few things on our list will be "first time" events for us such as picking raspberries, Liberty Bell, Franklin Court, Independence Hall, Penn's Cave, Rockwell Museum, seeing Peter Pan, Independence Seaport Museum, Good News Day Camp, horseback riding camp, eating BLT sandwiches, etc. I also am half-way through my summer project list. Today I painted the hallways and doors. Nadia complained because it's a "boring" color (white), but I love that it now looks so much cleaner with a fresh coat of paint! Tomorrow will be our first time swimming this summer. That will mean checking one more item off our list!




No comments:
Post a Comment