Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Slip 'n slide






The kids had their third night of VBS today, and "game" time tonight featured trips sliding down a hill on the church's property. Ian and Oliver loved it! Nadia has loved it in the past but wasn't a fan tonight, which was quite obvious on her face (hence I deleted the photos of her).

Below you will find two short videos (the first is literally only two seconds long) I took with my phone over the past few days. The first is of Nadia working on diving (rather than jumping) off the diving board. I'm trying to have it work on it a little throughout the summer in preparation for her diving lessons in August. Many times it ends up being a belly flop. Oops! Also, this morning Oliver was sitting on the couch playing his guitar and singing "Father Abraham" so I had to run and get my phone and catch a brief video of that. I should have grabbed the video camera because the volume is a little soft, but you get the idea.

This evening after watching the kids on the slip n slide I was able to run four miles before returning to pick them up. Tomorrow night I plan to mow the lawn while they're in VBS. One thing I haven't done much of last week or this week like I did the first few weeks of our summer break is work on projects around the house. My right hand and arm are finally recovering from the strain of having done too much painting. I did pay someone to reseal our driveway on Saturday. It's a boring way to spend money, but we had never had that done (and many of our neighbors do it every single year). It likely had been at least 10 years since our driveway had been resealed so it was time. I will say it does look a lot nicer black (it was a light grey before I had it done). Last week I also bought a hardware kit for the bi-fold doors covering our washer and dryer in the kitchen because the one door was always coming off the track. Paul started working on installing the new track tonight, and I am looking forward to the door staying on track when I open and close it when he finishes that project.


Last week I finished digging a trench around the circumference of the apple tree we cut down. I think tomorrow Paul plans to finish cutting the roots and get that stump out of there. It was a lot of work to get rid of that tree, but it will be saving us many hours in the future of picking and getting rid of apples. One apple tree is more than enough for me. Two was one too many!

My mom had a CT scan on Monday. We're hoping and praying that she will get good results tomorrow regarding the effectiveness of her six chemo treatments. I am grateful she is done with the chemo. The kids and I are really looking forward to driving down to be with her in two weeks!



No comments: