When we purchased the house eight years ago, every wall was a neutral color except for Nadia's pink bedroom. Everything else was mostly some shade of white. I found that attractive when we moved in because I had a three month old baby and was teaching at the university. I didn't want to do any painting then, and some houses we looked at had wall colors that were repulsive to me. Neutral was fine with me in 2008. Well in 2016 I am tired of neutral. I don't want to think about keeping the house neutral in the hopes that will make it easier to sell. I want the wall colors to be ones we choose for our own enjoyment. In the first few years we were here Paul painted our bedroom light blue and Ian's bedroom light green. In 2012 some people from our church painted Oliver's room a light yellow. I love the green bathroom; it's been dubbed the monkey bathroom the past eight years. We shall see if the name changes to green bathroom, or if it will still be called the monkey bathroom. The color they picked is called "Spring Ahead," and the color is very cheerful in my opinion. After I do the hallways (already got the paint for that project), I am going to take a painting break, but after a little break I want to paint the living room and dining room. I haven't decided on colors yet, but I have a feeling I won't be picking white (the color they are now). I am really liking having more color on the walls! I enjoy painting only because of the end result. I would never want to paint for a living, and I know I do not do a good enough job that anyone would want to pay me to paint anyhow. I have learned though what brand of paint to NEVER buy again because I had to paint at least two coats on every square inch.
In addition to finishing painting the bathroom, I also dug up a bush today and dug a hole for it to go into. When Paul got home at 7:30pm he lifted the bush for me to move it to the new location as it was too heavy for me to lift. There were three bushes really close together and then none in the middle and a small one at the other end that I just purchased last month. I dug up the middle one because it was the smallest (by far) and thus easier to relocate plus taking that one out put a little space in between the other two which I think looks better than having them so close together. Yesterday I moved the trampoline. I would prefer it out of the fenced area, but Paul wants it to stay in the fenced in area. Since we cut down one of the apple trees it looked really ugly when you were driving up to the house. Now that I moved it you don't see it when you drive by our house (which is good in my opinion) but the downside is that now I see it up close and personal every time I look out one of our two family room windows. Hopefully I will adjust to that view OR Paul will agree to moving it elsewhere. As I said before, it really is a case of "if you give a pig a pancake" because one thing leads to another. Painting a bathroom leads me to really thoroughly dusting everything in the room (mostly while up on a ladder), cleaning the doors, scrubbing the floor, etc. Painting the bathroom walls "spring ahead" lead to a thorough "spring cleaning" of the room! I hope we enjoy these wall colors for many years to come. I have a little bit of paint left of each of the gallons I've used which means I have some for future little touch-ups. We do have a little left of Ian's paint, but we don't have any left of Oliver's yellow or our master bedroom blue. I think I'll buy a pint or quart of each color to do a little touching up.
My other accomplishment of the day was filling out the affidavit form saying I will be homeschooling Nadia next school year. I had a woman who is a notary at the Alliance church (where the kids had musical tonight) notarize it tonight. Before I submit it to the school district, I need to get a copy of Nadia's immunization record and also type up a list of educational objectives for each subject for next school year for her. Starting July 1 I will begin documenting things for our portfolio, and she will need to take a standardized test next spring. Let the homeschooling paperwork begin....
No comments:
Post a Comment