I took kids with me to the dentist today for the first time in my life, and it worked out fine. I left Nadia and Ian in the waiting room. They brought books. Nadia read her book, but Ian opted to watch the television in the waiting room instead of reading. I brought Oliver back with me, and he sat on the floor in the exam room and occupied himself with the iPad. Hopefully it will go just as smoothly tomorrow when I take the kids with me to the hair salon for the first time. Well I took Nadia once when she was a newborn, but I haven't taken a child with me to a haircut appointment since the summer of 2008. The photo at right is of one of the two dining room chairs I reupholstered. I like the new fabric. Maybe some day I will reupholster the other four chairs. I did the second one today, and that is all I can do now as I only bought one yard of the fabric. We bought this dining room furniture twelve years ago. The photo above is of the half bathroom that I painted blue last week.
We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Monday, June 6, 2016
Tennis for two
I took kids with me to the dentist today for the first time in my life, and it worked out fine. I left Nadia and Ian in the waiting room. They brought books. Nadia read her book, but Ian opted to watch the television in the waiting room instead of reading. I brought Oliver back with me, and he sat on the floor in the exam room and occupied himself with the iPad. Hopefully it will go just as smoothly tomorrow when I take the kids with me to the hair salon for the first time. Well I took Nadia once when she was a newborn, but I haven't taken a child with me to a haircut appointment since the summer of 2008. The photo at right is of one of the two dining room chairs I reupholstered. I like the new fabric. Maybe some day I will reupholster the other four chairs. I did the second one today, and that is all I can do now as I only bought one yard of the fabric. We bought this dining room furniture twelve years ago. The photo above is of the half bathroom that I painted blue last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment