Saturday, August 11, 2007

6th anniversary today

We started ttc part way through our first year of marriage so it's a little depressing to think we've been married six years and still don't have any kids!!! But I am trying not to think that way and just be thankful for Paul. We have been able to travel more and such which we wouldn't have been able to do with kids (of course I'd have picked kids over travels if given the choice, but I'm trying to find the bright spots here!). Since today is Paul's dad's uncle's 90th bday party (and they live about 2 hours from our home) the 90th bday party is the main event of the day.

Anyhow I hope and pray that before we hit our 7th anniversary that we have adopted or I have given birth. A bfp next week would be the MOST wonderful belated anniversary present for both of us!!!!! And if I am pg my due date will be two days after my bday. I thought that was pretty wild when I discovered that. If I give birth in April, that would be absolutely the best bday gift of my whole lifetime. Since today is our anniversay, I think it's fitting today's photo is of the two of us (taken in Aruba last summer).

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!! I love that pic of the two of you!!! Oh I just know you will be a mom by next year!! Hope you have a great day!
chrissy

Lucia said...

Happy anniversary, dear Ruthie!

lysb said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great day!

Joe & Yvonne said...

Belated Happy Anniversary, Ruth! I thought about it on Saturday, but since I wasn't home, it was hard to send a note on the actual day. Since when have I been good at sending bday cards and such on time. I guess that's why I've recruited you to help me, LOL! I pray this will be a special year for you both in growing closer to each other and to God. Love you!! Yvonne