Monday, February 16, 2015

President's Day

Since we homeschool we take different days off than schools do. We don't take snow days, but we do take the day off for our five birthdays. Paul had school today because Bucknell doesn't take off for many holidays either, but most schools around here were closed today for President's Day. When I mentioned that it was President's Day, Ian told me his favorite is George Washington (probably because he's heard Daddy say he thinks Washington was our best President). Nadia then asked me if Abraham Lincoln was still alive, and when I told her he wasn't she said, "Oh no, that means I can't meet him." Cracked me up! We sometimes check out DVDs from the library about various people (they're about 25 minutes long). Most recently we watched one about Ludwig Beethoven. Ian asked today if we could watch one about Lincoln. I had planned on doing that in a few weeks (we haven't gotten to the Civil War yet), but I believe in seizing the moment so I put in the request at the library so Paul can pick it up after work tomorrow. It seems fitting considering Lincoln's birthday was last week.

On Mondays the kids and I rarely leave the house, and considering how cold it was outside, I was very glad to stay inside all day today. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up into the 20's, and we are planning to venture out for our monthly trip to the Children's Museum.

Nadia has been working on learning Luke 2:1-7 for the past couple of weeks. I think she'll know it by Wednesday for Sparks. I took a video this afternoon (see below).





No comments: