Monday, February 9, 2015

Three steps back


Oliver slept in underwear for the past fifteen nights. The first ten nights he never wet the bed, although his underwear was a little wet twice. Unfortunately over the past five nights he has wet the bed three times. The first time was on Thursday morning. He did fine the next two days, but the last two mornings he has wet the bed again. The most puzzling was yesterday morning. He woke up at 5:45, and I took him to the bathroom (his underwear was dry at this point) and then took him back to bed. I guess he didn't actually pee when I had him on the toilet because when he woke up at 6:45 his clothes and bedding were soaked. I thought from now on I will make sure he actually goes potty, if I take him to the bathroom before it's time to get up for the day. This morning when he woke up at 5:30, he had already wet the bed. It's frustrating considering he succeeded the first ten nights. I am very grateful for a working washing machine and dryer! The dryer was making a burning smell on Saturday night, but Paul was able to fix it yesterday thankfully. I bought the dryer 18 years ago, and I know it's not going to last forever, but I'm glad it didn't give up the ghost in the middle of night time potty training when I am doing laundry more often than usual! Ironically, I just donated all of the leftover diapers at church yesterday morning (some Parent's Choice that I had bought and some Pampers from the PICU). Hopefully he will get back on track with staying dry at night ASAP!

 He also had a slight regression with daytime training on Saturday because he peed in his pants while sitting on a chair. Both times he peed on a piece of furniture it was while he was using the iPad, so from now on he must go potty before using the iPad because evidently he gets so engrossed he ignores his need to go to the bathroom. The other time it was on the blue couch and the fabric can be unzipped from the cushion (and I washed it in the washing machine), but that couldn't be done with the cushion he peed on this time. Prior to this incident it had been more than a month since he had a #1 accident when he was awake.

The photos in this post were taken last Thursday afternoon during Oliver's nap. They were making Valentines for my parents with crayons melted by my griddle. This week we'll have to try a different heart themed craft to make Valentines for Paul's parents and for Daddy. Paul and I are looking forward to going out on a date on Friday night, and I already bought the kids their Valentine's Day presents (a puzzle for each of them).



No comments: