Wednesday, May 11, 2016

3 soccer players!

Oliver misses the official cut-off for playing soccer this fall by 6 days, but it turns out that cut-off is somewhat flexible. I emailed someone to ask #1 if we could get a refund if we ended up moving prior to the fall season and #2 if Oliver needed to wait until he was 5 to start playing soccer because his birth date is August 7. I was relieved to find out we could get a refund if we move and surprised that they said Oliver could start playing in the fall. So this evening I paid $115 for the 3 kids to play soccer next year. I'll also need to buy Oliver a soccer uniform at some point. Oliver will be playing U6, Ian will be playing U8, and Nadia will be playing U10. Oliver's team will be the only co-ed team, and Nadia will have a goalie for the first time. Ian has three U6 games left, and Nadia has two U8 games left this spring. I volunteered to be an assistant coach for Oliver's team. I have no experience with playing soccer, but I know Paul won't be able to help as he has the past two years, and I figured that Nadia and Ian could behave themselves during Oliver's practice whereas I certainly couldn't leave Oliver unsupervised if I was helping with one of their teams. Now to hope that the three kids won't have ever have three games at the same time on three different fields as we only have two drivers! The other two were very clueless during their first seasons but definitely showed improvement over the first year. We shall see how Oliver does! My baby is growing up.

Nadia's soccer practices are already done for this season. Her coach cancelled tonight's practice and next Monday's practice. Nadia could have attended both of those (she was there tonight because Ian still had practice), but she can't attend the team's last practice next Wednesday due to a dress rehearsal at church for the musical. I am not sure how many more practices Ian will have because his game that got snowed out was rescheduled for early June (whereas Nadia's team already made that game up so May 21 will be her last game). Now that Paul is working at Kennedy Concrete it is now my job to take them to soccer practice. On Monday I forgot to bring a chair, but I remembered to do that tonight.






No comments: