Nadia and Ian took a t-ball class three years ago at a YMCA, but they've never played on Little League team yet. When I found out they could have as many as three games a week, I decided we'd just stick with soccer and basketball. One of the homeschooling moms told me about a church that has a baseball and softball clinic every July. I thought the dates might conflict with camp or VBS, but I found out yesterday they don't! I am going to sign Ian up for baseball and Nadia up for softball. The clinic lasts 2.5 hours a night for 4 nights. We'll probably skip the 4th night due to a trip to DelGrosso's, One of the people leading the clinic is Doug Simons who previously played for the NY Mets, Montreal Expos, and Minnesota Twins. They have a break from soccer this summer but they'll be taking tennis lessons, the participating in the baseball/softball clinic, going to horseback riding camp, (Ian and Nadia), and swimming lessons (all three kids). I haven't been able to run for a few weeks, but I did get some exercise today as I started cutting down branches from one of the two apple trees.
Yesterday I weeded and then planted one flat of annuals, two hosta plants, and one rhododendron bush. I also have been reorganizing the bookshelves this week. I brought up a lot of things from the basement and put them places where they will be more accessible. I think my next project will be to paint the kitchen and family room. I plan to buy the paint while the kids are in gym class on Friday. I am just going to keep it the same color it is now to make the painting project easier for me. I do need to spackle first though.
My mom was scheduled to have her last (6th) chemo treatment today, but it was postponed as her platelets were too low. Hopefully those numbers will come up in the next week.



No comments:
Post a Comment