After going many months (maybe a year?) without having any accidents, Oliver has been having some trouble with wetting the bed over the past month. Previously I could let him sleep as long as he wanted (as late as 9:00 am) and could let him have a drink whenever he asked for one without it causing any problems, but that has not been the case over the past month. We have gone back to not letting him have anything to drink after 6:00 pm. Last night I wasn't aware he was drinking Grandma's water during the program (7:00-7:30), and I was pretty certain that he was going to wet the bed this morning since he drank so late even though he went to bed 30 minutes later than usual. Sure enough he soaked through his clothes, the fitted sheet, the mattress cover, and even soaked part of the mattress itself. In hindsight, I should have had Paul wake him up and take him to the bathroom at 3:15 am when he got up to go to work. That might have prevented the problem. I had said previously that Oliver was by far the hardest to potty train of the three kids, and that has certainly proved true once again because
the other two kids didn't have accidents when they were 3 years (plus 9 months) old. He is starting to make a little progress with putting his clothes back on by himself after he goes potty. I wish I had never let him sit backward on the potty. He sits facing the tank and his aim is not always perfect. Again, Ian and Nadia never had this problem, but Ian never sat that direction. I need to get him to turn around the normal way (or stand up) and work more on his aim because I am very tired of cleaning urine off the floor and other parts of the toilet. Hopefully in the near future he'll be going forward instead of backward in this area.
Paul hung the letters to spell Nadia's name on the wall on Saturday evening. I had done everything else. I took a few more pictures this morning so the Grandmas will know what her room looks like. I also posted the video below of Ian's duet. He has come such a long way!
Now it's time to head to the playground for a homeschool picnic!



No comments:
Post a Comment