As I was looking at the post I wrote about our summer plans, I noticed that there was at least one special thing planned for every week except the week of Memorial Day. I wanted to go to Pittsburgh at some point, and I think that will be the week we will take a two day trip there. Because of our ASTC membership, we can get into the Carnegie Science Center and Children's Museum of Pittsburgh for free. Last year we planned to visit Idlewild for the first time, but ended up going to Dutch Wonderland instead. I found a good deal on tickets for June 3 so if the weather looks good for that day, we will go to Idlewild amusement park. I figured we would leave early in the morning on the 2nd and visit the two museums and also go up the Duquense incline and then spend one night at a hotel, visit Idlewild on Friday, and get back home late that night. We live a little farther from Pittsburgh than we do from Philadelphia. There are many other things we could do in Pittsburgh like the zoo, but this seems good for our first trip out there. I assumed I would be taking the kids by myself, but Paul wants to join us (as he has never visited Pittsburgh), and then we also invited Paul's parents. The deal I found for the amusement park was that we will pay a flat rate for a van loan (up to 8 people) so that part of the trip won't cost any more by having 7 people in our van instead of just 4.
Today's excitement was that Ian scored 11 goals! His previous record was 6 goals. Today he sat out one of the quarters, which made the total even more impressive because the time he scored 6 he played the whole game. He had 5 goals in the first quarter. His team dominated the other team. Several of his teammates scored 1-3 goals each. No one on the other team scored any goals. Paul's parents were able to see him score all those goals today.
I also added one more special event to next week's schedule. After we see the Robin Hood production we will be going on a boat ride through Penn's Cave. It will be their first time seeing stalactites and stalagmites. Paul wanted to join us for that also, but he's not on summer break. I have been to other caves (like Luray Caverns and Carlsbad Caverns), but I haven't been to this one (near Penn State). We are looking forward to all our summer adventures!






No comments:
Post a Comment