I am pleased with the progress being made on my "to do" list that I created of projects around the house for the summer. Thus far I cut down one tree, started cutting down a second tree, planted some annuals and perennials, re-organized the bookshelves in the living room and dining room, painted the trim on the shed door, Nadia's bedroom, the kitchen, and the family room. I also have selected a light blue for the half bathroom. Although I would enjoy picking something other than white for the master bathroom, I think I'm just going to go with white because a few years ago Paul purchased two gallons of white paint for the living room, and the cans were never opened. I feel like I shouldn't waste those two gallons. I will use those before buying any more paint. I kept the kitchen and family room the same color they already were (not white) to make the painting job easier. Yesterday I purchased some supplies so Paul could replace the screen on the sliding screen door in the kitchen, and he started working on that today. There has been a big hole in that door since before we bought this house. Today we worked on reorganizing the Legos, which was no small feat.
I know this is a long weekend for most people, but for us it has been a very quiet weekend. The only plans the kids and I had for Saturday, Sunday, or Monday was going to church and Sunday School this morning. Because he missed work on Thursday when we were at Hersheypark, Paul worked at the plant all day yesterday and all day today. The only outing I have planned for tomorrow is to go to a flooring store in our town to schedule a free estimate on replacing some flooring. Paul is planning on bringing home his dad's truck when he comes home from work tomorrow night, and then we can load it up with the branches I've cut down thus far from the apple tree. We'll need to borrow a chainsaw to finish that project. I can only do so much with the little saw we own. I am really enjoying no longer viewing this home as temporary.











No comments:
Post a Comment