
After Nadia woke up from her almost 3 hour nap yesterday, seven of us headed to Reptiland since it was Member Day for the PBS station I recently joined. Nadia and Ian didn't need handstamps, and our membership allowed us to have 6 free admissions so Paul's parents and Shawn joined us. Nadia showed some interest in some of the snakes and other animals, but mostly she was interested in the other children and walking all over the place. Her highlight was definitely seeing Buddy from Dinosaur Train twice. She called him "asaur" and said "he is big." She wasn't very interested in the rainforest show which included an owl, large snake, etc. Maybe next year she'll be old enough to enjoy the show. We then went to Applebee's. It was the first time since January that we had been out to a sit down restaurant with both kids. Nadia amused herself by dipping a french fry in ketchup, licking the ketchup off, and then repeating steps one and two many, many times. Next Sunday they're having another Member Day at Reptiland and the day before Mother's Day (in about 2 weeks) we'll be going to an amusement park. I think she's old enough to enjoy kiddie rides!! Hopefully the weather will be nice that day. She'll get to meet Clifford!

I know my list that I posted on Saturday of Nadia's vocabulary is definitely not complete. For example yesterday in the car we heard her say, "bless you, Ian" after Ian sneezed. The last time I plan to post such a list is on June 24. I know it won't be complete, but I still think it will be fun in the future to look back and see what were at least some of the words she was saying when she turned two.
Ian is up to 10lb 8.5oz this morning! This means he gained 18.5 ounces in 6 days - more than a pound! Considering from 2 months to 4 months old he gained only two pounds, it's pretty amazing that in less than a week he gained more than he gained over the previous month! Now if we could just get him to go back to waking up only once and sleeping closer to 10 hours total. The last two nights he's slept 5.5 hours the first stretch and 2.5 hours the second. My day has begun at 4:50am yesterday and today, and that's too early especially when I'm also feeding him for an hour starting around 1:00am.
No comments:
Post a Comment