Yesterday morning I took the kids grocery shopping. I am getting more confident in using the Snugli for Ian. It feels nice not to feel like I need to stay home whenever I'm alone with the kids. He stayed awake during the first part of the shopping trip.
Yesterday I tried to start the lawn mower while both kids were napping. I had trouble starting the lawn mower as usual, but then I called Paul and he talked me through it and I had success. It felt like such a big accomplishment! Unfortunately Ian took a super short nap and so I put him in the Snugli as I figured he needed to sleep more. I started the mower a second time! If I had put enough gas in it, I could have mowed the whole lawn as Nadia took a LONG nap. I got about half of it mowed when it ran out of gas, and the task of putting gas in the mower woke Ian up. I hope to finish it this morning. I am very psyched to know that I can now start the mower and that if I put enough gas in it I should be able to mow the whole lawn with Ian in the Snugli while Nadia is napping in her crib. I put headphones into the baby monitor and had earbuds in my ears and the monitor hooked to my waistband while I mowed with Ian in the Snugli. What a sight that must have been, LOL!
Last night was a GREAT night for Ian. He slept in his crib from 7:25pm until 4:15am and then again from 4:55-6:45am. WOW! That's the first time he's slept more than 10 hours total. Nadia didn't have a great night. We gave her Tylenol at 2:55 and she slept with me until 3:25. That seemed to do the trick as then she slept another 4 hours without crying. Maybe she's teething? She hasn't gotten her bottom canines or any of her 2 year molars yet.
1 comment:
Bryan mows the lawn with one in the backpack carrier. I refuse to learn to use the mower or the snow blower. But there have been a couple times when Bryan was out of town and a big snow came and then I had the shovel the driveway and the sidewalk all along our corner lot. Exhausting!
Hope Ian has a great special day!
Post a Comment