Monday, October 8, 2012

1 + 2 + 3

One television plus two 1:00 football games (Giants and Steelers) plus three children ages four and under made for a zany three hours in our house yesterday afternoon. During the previous weeks our teams weren't playing at the same time. There are many times that Nadia plays independently for long periods of time, or Nadia and Ian will play together. Yesterday Nadia chose to stay near us and ask a million times if the game was over because I promised to finish reading an abridged version of the Chronicles of Narnia after the game was over. My game went down to the wire. We won the game with a field goal as the time expired. One nice thing about only having one tv is that we were all together. In the past Paul would watch the game in our bedroom if both our games were on at the same time. To add to the craziness, I was also chatting on the phone with my Dad (fellow Steeler fan) throughout the game. It's our tradition to enjoy the games together even though we're 3.5 hours apart. I havven't been watching any tv aside from Steeler football so I did really want to watch my game. Paul still watches Netflix dvd's as well as the news each evening. I'm not ready to sacrifice sleep for the tv, which means I probably won't watch much of the game on Thursday nught.

Last night was a tough one for me. It's harder for me to handle the sleep deprivation since I am sick. At 3:30am I asked Paul to help as I had been up since 1:50 (and also had been up at 11:15). I only got 5.5 hours of sleep last night. Ironically, he was sleeping too long this morning. I had to wake him up at 11:00am. I did get a little nap, which helped. My nap would have been 45minutes long if Nadia had cooperated as that was the overlap between Oliver and Ian's naps. I'm planning to go to bed at 8pm tonight. Hopefully I'll get more sleep! Tomorrow I have an 8am dentist appt. It will be my first for 2012 as I didn't make it to my appointment on May 30 due to being in the hospital. It's amazing to me to think that the last time I was at the dentist I wasn't even pregnant, and now I already have a 2 month old at home.
 

No comments: