Monday, January 9, 2017

3 razors, 4 subpoenas

This morning when we were snuggling in bed, I asked Oliver what was his favorite gift that he got yesterday. He said the shaving things. Grandma had gotten him a Minion set that included a (fake) razor and soap foam (to look like shaving cream). I would have never thought of buying a razor for my preschooler, but he loves it! All three kids wanted in on the action this morning. I said to Nadia that she wasn't ever going to be shaving her cheeks, but she said the boys don't need to shave yet either. So I got two of Paul's razors WITH the blade covers on and let all three kids enjoy the experience of shaving. I wanted pictures because I thought it would make for cute photos, but the bathroom is not a room I have experience with when it comes to taking photos. I apologize that the line from one of the sections of the mirror is coming through their faces in some of them. It was also a challenge to keep myself OUT of the picture since I was aiming my camera at the mirror. I couldn't use natural light in the bathroom (which is always my preference), but it forced me to work on my skills at fixing the white balance in Lightroom (since I haven't yet mastered the use of my Expodisc).


Usually one of the highlights of Ian's day is his 30 minutes on the Wii. Well it seems that new Lego sets trump electronics as he told me he wasn't going to use the Wii or iPad today. Although Nadia enjoys her new toys, she still took time to hold Jenna and play the iPad. I should say that Jenna does trump electronics for her. Grandma and Pop Pop gave Nadia a $15 iTunes gift card yesterday, and she spent $3 of it yesterday and another $3 tomorrow. She rarely plays the Wii as she prefers the iPad. Ian enjoys the iPad but would never pick it over the Wii. Nadia is wearing the new dress she got yesterday from Grandma and Pop Pop.

In today's mail was an envelope containing 4 subpoenas for a trial regarding the incident when we saw the drunk driver flip his vehicle on December 26. Wendy would be the more helpful witness than me, but I live 15 minutes from the courthouse rather than 9+ hours away. Testifying in court sounds stressful to me, but I will do my part to help the police, if necessary.









No comments: