![]() |
| I am still taller than all my nieces and nephews, but Susie is getting close! |
2. It has been three months since Oliver wet the bed. Hoping this means those days are behind us.
3. I really love the Fragrance Spheres I got from Yankee Candle a couple of months ago. I replaced the old ones a few days ago, and now I smile every time I walk into one of the two bathrooms where I am using them. They were on sale for $2.50 each when I got them. Money well spent in my opinion!
4. I took Ian to an orthodontist yesterday, and the orthodontist said that Ian won't be ready for braces for probably two more years. I am happy to wait on that. I'm going to cancel Nadia's appointment.
5. The kids are really enjoying their guinea
pigs, and Nadia has taken over the job of getting both of them out of their cage. Whew. I didn't enjoy chasing them one iota. I'm grateful for the reprieve.
6. I've been watching some videos on photography online in the evening. Usually Paul has the tv on after the kids go to bed which means I need to go elsewhere if I want to listen to a photography video on the computer, but since he's not home this week the tv isn't on in the evenings as the only tv I watch are my Steeler football games. All of the pics in this post are cell phone pics. I
had planned to take pics at the Children's Museum yesterday, but when we got there we found out it was closed because of the icy roads (which weren't icy when we drove there because it was 45 degrees out). Now I know to check online before we head out there in the winter because it takes more than 30 minutes (one way) to get there.
7. The Steelers won on Sunday! Now to see if we can beat the Chiefs again this Sunday (we beat them earlier in the season).
8. Nadia and Ian enjoyed their first ice skating lesson of the year last Thursday evening. Nadia was elated that if she learns how to do *one* more thing then she will be promoted to the level 4 class. The kids and I enjoyed sharing two footlong subs prior to their ice skating lesson using a gift card Oliver was given at Christmas.
9. Nadia and Ian enjoyed playing hockey in their gym class which resumed on Friday. Ian was thrilled that a teammate from his soccer team (the coach's son) joined the gym class for the first time.
10. We were finally able to celebrate Christmas with Paul's parents on January 8. We are thankful for the many gifts we were given by his parents, aunt, brother, and sister-in-law.
11. I enjoyed playing the flute on Tuesday morning as well as eating at the delicious buffet. I also greatly appreciated June watching the kids at McDonald's while I was at the Country Cupboard.
12. The only day I could run since Paul went back to the family business was on Sundays, and I haven't been going at all in the cold weather. I'd go today if I had someone to watch the kids for an hour for me. Anyhow I contemplated asking Paul if we could combine the money we got for Christmas and get a piece of exercise equipment (like maybe an elliptical), but then I remembered that he needs to get new tires for his car. So instead I decided to try exercising in the family room using a DVD. It turns out I have three exercise buddies! Nadia sticks with it the longest, and Oliver does the least. The kickboxing dvd was harder for the boys. Ian liked the DVD that had a lot of push-ups and sit-ups and such. The problem was I only had two sets of weights; so yesterday at Walmart I bought three more sets - five pound purple weights for Nadia, three pound pink weights for Ian, and 2 pound blue weights for Oliver. My goal is to try to do 20 minutes a day as many days of the week as possible. Yesterday was day #2. This will hopefully help me be in better shape and also lose some weight. I'd MUCH rather run outside, but it is fun doing it with Nadia (and the boys when they join us).



No comments:
Post a Comment