Many of the goals listed more than one thing. In six cases we accomplished one of the things listed. I had taking the kids to Claws and Paws and Lake Tobias as one goal. We've never been to Claws and Paws, but we've been to Lake Tobias (and other zoos) several times. So I didn't count that goal as one of the thirty-two that had been met although it was partially met. Similarly, I had a goal of teaching Nadia and Ian some Spanish and sign language. Nadia has been studying Spanish, but that's as far as we've made it with that goal thus far. One goal was to take the kids to a show at Sight and Sound and a Broadway musical. We've taken them to five shows at Sight and Sound and many other plays and musicals, but they haven't been to NYC yet, so I didn't consider that goal to have been accomplished. Similarly, I did achieve my weight loss goal, but I haven't maintained the weight. Also, one goal was to get to know more of our neighbors. We definitely know more of our neighbors now than we did seven years ago, but I still feel like we have a long way to go with that so I don't consider that goal to have been achieved. Another goal was to go on at least 40 dates with Paul over the seven year period. We did go on some dates, but we certainly didn't go on anywhere near 40 of them as most years we seem to average about 2 dates a year.
There were seven goals that weren't met at all. None of us have been to Hawaii, and the kids haven't been to San Diego or Niagara Falls yet. We should be able to take them to Niagara Falls in the next couple of years, but Hawaii and San Diego might never happen due to the fact we are living off of a much smaller income than we were seven years ago when I was employed. For now we'll be sticking to things within a reasonable driving distance. I've never experienced a day at a spa. I haven't grown any fruit in my backyard yet, but I'm planning on growing strawberries this summer and also some blueberry plants. I only held off because I kept thinking we were moving. Although I've participated in a variety of Bible studies, I never participated in a BSF study, which had been one of my goals. The other goal that wasn't accomplished was for me to have at least one close female friend whom I could talk to frequently and get together with regularly.
I could write so
me goals for the next five years before I turn 50, but I have no desire to do so. As I think about the past seven years, the best thing that happened since I wrote those goals was the birth of Oliver almost 4.5 years ago! I am so very thankful I now have three children. If I picked the saddest event of the past seven years, it would be the death of my mom six months ago. The Lord gives and He takes away. We like the giving part but not the taking away part. One thing I didn't include in my goals seven years ago was photography. I'm certain if I made a list in the future, improving my photography skills would certainly be on the list, and even though I did try more than eighty new recipes over the past seven years, I would like to keep trying new recipes in the coming months and years. One thing I hope is true when I turn 50 is that my hair is still mostly brown. Time will tell! I am hoping I'm more like my Dad and less like my Mom in this regard as my Mom's hair turned a lot sooner than my Dad's. We shall see. Paul says I should just be glad I have hair. True, but....
me goals for the next five years before I turn 50, but I have no desire to do so. As I think about the past seven years, the best thing that happened since I wrote those goals was the birth of Oliver almost 4.5 years ago! I am so very thankful I now have three children. If I picked the saddest event of the past seven years, it would be the death of my mom six months ago. The Lord gives and He takes away. We like the giving part but not the taking away part. One thing I didn't include in my goals seven years ago was photography. I'm certain if I made a list in the future, improving my photography skills would certainly be on the list, and even though I did try more than eighty new recipes over the past seven years, I would like to keep trying new recipes in the coming months and years. One thing I hope is true when I turn 50 is that my hair is still mostly brown. Time will tell! I am hoping I'm more like my Dad and less like my Mom in this regard as my Mom's hair turned a lot sooner than my Dad's. We shall see. Paul says I should just be glad I have hair. True, but....![]() |
| Nadia decided to give the guinea pigs a tea party today. |





No comments:
Post a Comment