Saturday, January 7, 2017

Jump for joy!

Yesterday I made my second attempt at jumping on the bed photos. Oliver hasn't really figured out how to jump very high yet, but his day will come to be sure. I did some research online on Thursday night as to what settings to use on my camera, and I definitely am going in the right direction. I also tried a little having him jump on my bed, but as I suspected the lighting was definitely better in Oliver's room. Although since our bedrooms' windows are on the east side of the house, and Oliver's windows are on the west side, I decided I should try again in our bedroom in the morning when presumably the lighting would be a bit better, and so this morning I snapped a couple with Ian jumping on our bed, and indeed the light was better than it was yesterday afternoon BUT I still prefer the light in Oliver's room in the afternoon.

While Nadia and Ian were playing hockey in gym class yesterday, Oliver and I went to a jewelry store and the library. The kids were very excited because I checked out the movie "Secret Life of Pets" at the library. The kids and I enjoyed watching it last night after dinner. Nadia had Jenna in her lap during the whole movie, but we were glad we had her in a towel because at the very end of the movie Jenna peed a little. I cannot wait until these guinea pigs get to the point that they *want* to be held because it is rather stressful for me every time I try to catch one of them. They are so fast, and I don't want to squeeze them too tightly. In light of the fact Jenna did pee while Nadia was holding her yesterday, Nadia wanted the towel today after I snapped a couple of pics without the towel. I retrieved Jenna the first time today, but Nadia retrieved Patches from the cage for Ian, and Nadia also retrieved Jenna the second time she held her today. I will be SO happy to be relieved of the duty of getting them out of the cage! Patches did much better today with Ian.

This morning I took the kids to two more jewelry stores. I figured it would be good to get prices and ideas from more than one jeweler. The store I went to yesterday would "buy" the gold from my engagement ring and put that toward the cost of the new setting, but they wouldn't buy the diamond. I liked that store the best of the three, but I was planning to use the diamond we bought in 2000 toward the cost of the new setting. The jeweler at the first store we went to today wasn't very flexible in styles of settings, and I wasn't really keen on the options he showed me. Both of the stores we visited today would "buy" the diamond from me to put towards the cost of the new setting. I have a feeling the third store will be the one I go with because they will buy the diamond and are totally flexible as to what I want the setting to look like. It has felt weird to be shopping for an engagement ring considering I got engaged more than 16 years ago, but of course shopping for jewelry is fun, and I haven't purchased any good jewelry in several years (just costume jewelry lately). I am leaning toward a three stone setting that would feature sapphires on the sides of the diamond. I have no idea though of the cost and of how much they'll give me for my current ring so we shall see what I end up with in the end!

Nadia threw up again last night, but otherwise we all seem to be healthy. Paul's grandmother is in the hospital as she most likely had a heart attack. She is 94 years old and ready to be with Jesus. The kids are hoping we really do have our Christmas gift exchange with Paul's family tomorrow afternoon before Paul leaves on a five day business trip on Monday morning.
It will be a very full day as the kids and I will be at church for 4 hours and then we have two playoff football games as the Steelers are playing the Dolphins at 1:00 and the Giants are playing the Packers at 4:40. Penn State had their big game earlier in the week when they played in the Rose Bowl. We don't watch any college football, but many people around here (including his mom) are die hard Penn State fans.

When we had planned to go to Paul's parents' house earlier this week, Paul's mom had mentioned possibly making lasagna. I had it on the brain ever since then, and so today Oliver and I made lasagna together. I love having a helper in the kitchen!
















No comments: