Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Flute solos


A couple of months ago I was asked to play two flute solos at a Christian Women's breakfast that is held once a month at the Country Cupboard restaurant. Normally we are doing schoolwork at 9:00 am on a Tuesday, but I haven't had many opportunities to play the flute the last 2 1/2 years since we switched churches. The two churches I attended from 2004-2013 both gave me a lot of opportunities to play my flute. I asked a woman from church if she would meet us at the McDonald's near the Country Cupboard and watch my three while they played in the play land. She graciously agreed to do this, and even bought each child either an apple juice or a chocolate milk to drink. The breakfast buffet included many delicious foods, and I played two solos. Their protocol is to have one secular song (I picked one by Bach) and one sacred (I had been requested to play "When we all get to heaven"). I do love the arrangement of that song as it even includes a cadenza. Normally Nadia has basketball practice on Tuesday nights, but the practices this evening were cancelled because we're supposed to get some ice. We got a little bit of snow this afternoon. It's supposed to get up into the 50's on Thursday. That's much more my kind of weather than the 20's we've had the past few days. Brr!


Ian finished assembling the 1,500 Legos yesterday. It only took him only one day to assemble the three sets. It was hard for him to focus on his schoolwork on Monday morning as he hadn't quite finished at that point.



No comments: