Last night was my last night of teaching this semester. The next night I will teach will be May 25 when the first summer session starts. I have one more night of class (Monday), but that night my students will be doing a field experience at the local public library. Next week I am giving exams on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, and then I'll have a 19 day break until I return to campus on the 25th. This Friday I have a 5 hour meeting in Harrisburg. I was selected by our state's Department of Education to be one of 13 members of a new committee. Thankfully this is the only time our committee will meet face-to-face. The rest of the work will be done on-line. I agreed to join the committee if I was allowed to bring Ian with me. Nadia will spend the day at Sarah's. She hasn't been to her house since January so that will be a nice treat for Nadia, and Ian is coming with me to the meeting so that I can nurse him before and after the meeting. I'll also excuse myself once during the 5 hour meeting to nurse him.
Last night Ian finally had a good night. He slept from 8:20pm to 3:15am and then from 3:45-6:15. Much better!!! I was in bed before 9pm so I got a decent amount of sleep. Nadia got up about an hour after Ian so she got about 11 hours last night, which was also good. Ian's naps are typically 30-45 minutes long. This morning his first nap was about 50 minutes long. I thought that was great, but then he ended up sleeping for 95 minutes during his second nap. WOW!! There actually was an overlap of 50 minutes between their naps. That has only happened one or two other times the past 4+ months. I almost laid down after I put Nadia down, but I assumed Ian would be waking up any moment as he had been down for 45 minutes. Had I known he would sleep another 50 minutes I definitely would have taken a nap myself. Oh well. Typically Nadia wakes up after she's been down about 90 minutes. I've learned that if I let her cry 2-3 minutes she usually goes back to sleep for another 60-90 minutes. Yesterday that didn't happen. Her nap was only 90 minutes long. Today she went back to sleep for another 75 minutes. So both kids slept well last night and had good naps today. This makes for a happy mommy!
Ian didn't gain any weight yesterday, but considering he gained 22 ounces over the previous 7 days, I am not the least bit concerned! Only a few more ounces to go and he'll be 11 pounds! I am trying to decide whether to buy him a few pair of shorts for Florida or not. He goes through so many outfits a day due to excessive spitting up that it sometimes seems easier just to leave him in only a onesie. If I buy shorts I'm not sure whether to get 0-3 month or 3-6 month. I hate to buy more 0-3 month clothes as I don't think he'll be in that size much longer, but he still has a small waist and short legs so 3-6 month shorts might be too small. He did wear a 3-6 month onesie on Monday (the one in yesterday's post that is red/white/blue).
I tried to get a video last night of Nadia catching a ball. Unfortunately the beginnning part (where Paul was throwing the ball) was cut off and then the second time the part where she caught it was cut off. I need to take a better one, but until then here's an 8 second video clip which does give you the impression she knows how to throw and catch a ball. :-)
2 comments:
Your video of Nadia is so cute! She's obviously very proud of her new found ball throwing and catching skills. So cute!
I'm so glad to hear Ian is sleeping better for you. After having a difficult newborn due to initial poor nursing and using shields myself, I am convinced a lot of their development, including sleep habits, revolves around their weight.
Sounds like he's beginning to gain like a champ and he's still getting the important antibodies from you at the same time. Everybody's happy! Congrats on the new schedule! You've made it and it should only get better from here.
I'm glad you were a happy mommy today!
Post a Comment