Yesterday morning Ian was fighting his morning nap so I decided to let him cry it out. I took Nadia into our bathroom and took my shower and blowdried my hair. After letting him cry 25 minutes I couldn't take it any more. It took a long time to calm him down, and I was pretty frazzled from the experience as well. I hate sleep training. I like the end result, but I hate the process. He went down really easily for his second nap, but it was very short (only 25 minutes) long. I had put a chicken dish in the oven shortly before he woke up (for Paul to eat for dinner). So yesterday wasn't a good nap day. This morning with a little help (popping the pacifier back in) he took a REALLY long nap - one hour and 25 minutes long!!! YAY!!! It was so wonderful to have all that one-on-one time with Nadia. We played with blocks (she shouts "Oh no!" right before she knocks down a tower), read books, tickled, hugged, and cleaned the kitchen floor (I gave her a baby wipe so she could help me clean the floor). I have really missed her the past 4 months. We've had very little one-on-one time, and she's not the only one who has missed it!!! I'm hoping Ian will have another good nap at noon as then I can have some "kid free" time to get some more stuff done (like get dressed for work as I'm still in my pjs). Paul will be home by 3:20 as that's the time I need to leave for school today.
Last night Paul waited for me to come home to put both kids to bed. I got home about 8pm so I first took Nadia up to get her changed, brush her teeth, sing, pray, etc. Then I came down and started nursing Ian. I was shocked to find out that during the almost 7 hours I was gone he had only had 4.5 ounces. Last Monday during that same time span he had 9.5 ounces. The funny thing was that I was actually concerned that he hadn't had enough rather than my usual reaction of wanting him to have as little formula as possible, LOL. I had pumped 3 ounces in my office. Anyhow in light of how hungry he was, he didn't get to bed until 9pm (compared to 7:30pm the previous night). I think that's the reason he only slept 8 hours total last night. His first stretch was 7 hours (9pm-4am) and his second was 1 hour (5:30-6:30am).
Yesterday the bill came in the mail from my January hospital stay. The total bill was for $11,842.58. The insurance paid $1,917 and my responsibility is $25. Why the "adjustments" total $9,900.58 is beyond me! I am grateful my part is only 25 dollars, but I didn't think I'd owe anything as I thought if you were admitted to the hospital (which I was) that you didn't pay the normal ER copay. Ultimately I feel the first hospital (where I had the botched c-section) should pay this bill. I haven't heard back from the investigation. I should hear pretty soon as they said they'd get back to me within 30 days, and it's almost been 30 days.
1 comment:
dont you wish we were 25, but with everything we have now! mainly our kids! I can not believe how big and sooo adorable Nadia is , I love that picture of her and congrats on the weight loss!
Post a Comment