Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Roller skating and swimming

I was very touched that two photos I had taken of my mom were featured on Saturday. A photo I took of my parents in 2014 was printed on the urn as well as on the programs handed out prior to the service, and a picture I took of my mom and Ian (at left) was featured on the laminated "prayer cards" given out to guests that morning. At first we were trying to get a picture of just my mom, but aside from one taken when she was six years old we didn't stumble across any, and then they tried to crop others out, but it just wasn't working. Having a picture
with my dad be the featured photo was certainly appropriate since they had been "one flesh" for almost 47 years, and showing one with Ian was also appropriate as she surely loved her fourteen grandchildren. Another one I really love of my mom was one I took in December 2014 of her, Maurice, and Jenna. I wish there was a somewhat recent one of my mom and I. There are some cute ones from my childhood, but I don't think a picture exists from the past 20+ years of just my mom and I. I do have many that I love though of her with my children. I am thankful for those. As I went through the
photo albums, I put some in my suitcase to bring home with me. Now I want to pick out of a few of those to put in frames around our house such as one from my parents' wedding which includes my parents, my two Grandmas, and my Grandpa.

Today the boys had their second swim lesson. Oliver had a different teacher today. He did a better job. There are two kids in his class and five kids in Ian's class. Ian had the same teacher today. In the past swim lessons lasted two weeks. We shall see if Ian can master the Level 2 skills in just one week. I might need to sign him up for the same level again next summer. After the swimming lessons I took the boys roller skating. It was free to skate from 10-12:30. Oliver has a pair of skates so I just paid $4 total for our adventure. Later in the afternoon I took them swimming for the first time in two weeks. The lifeguard asked where Nadia was. You know it's a small pool when the lifeguard knows your children's names.




















No comments: