Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Taekwondo

Last Monday the kids participated in a Ninja party at the library. Nadia won a prize of a free month of Taekwondo classes. It said we could have an individual or family membership. It is for ages 4 and up so I am going to sign all three kids up. I am waiting until I know what days soccer practices will be this fall, and then I will sign up for our free month. I want the kids to have a very wide range of experiences so I am happy they can do this.

When I went through the mail on Sunday evening I discovered jury summons for myself. I am really hoping I am excused given my mom's fragile health and also the fact I don't have childcare for my kids.

The last few years I have been honing my skills with taking photos of fireworks, but I didn't last night because it was raining. I was surprised they didn't postpone them. I love fireworks, but if the kids weren't dying to go, I would have skipped going in the rain, but it worked out fine since we brought umbrellas, wore raincoats, and the kids wore rain boots.  
Even though Ian went to bed two hours later than usual, he was still up well before 7:00. Oliver went to bed at the usual time since I didn't take him to the fireworks, but he was up way too early (6:07). I am one very tired Mommy. I am planning to go to bed at 8:00 tonight. Our suitcase is packed for our return to Maryland tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing my parents and my three siblings tomorrow. I wish it was for a much happier reason, but we will savor the time together. Maurice is moving to Texas next month, Yvonne lives in Turkey, and Wendy lives in Chicago. I wish we lived closer together geographically, but I am very grateful that we love each other and get along with each other which cannot be said about many other families. I was thinking today how I assumed the kids and I would go on a vacation with my parents again this year and that I had no idea last year in Williamsburg that it was my mom's last vacation. I am very thankful for all the vacations we went on as I was growing up and again more recently with my children. We have many precious memories.














No comments: