1. He's not very consistent (for example he woke up at 5:30 this morning although he fell back asleep and I didn't get him until 6:30), but there are times he sleeps for 11 hours (8pm to 7am). He rarely cries when I put him to bed.
2. All of his naps are taken in someone's arms, the stroller, or the car seat. Some days he still takes 2 naps, but usually he just has one. Sometimes his nap is as short as 30 minutes, and other times it exceeds 2 hours.
3. He now has four teeth. In the first photo you can see his bottom three teeth. I think his fifth tooth (second one on the top) will be breaking through in the very near future.
4. He loves his EleCare. He will drink the unflavored kind, but he prefers the vanilla kind. He drinks about 30 ounces a day so we've gone through 7 cans thus far. The sippy cup is at times a pacifier for him. He sucks on it even when it's empty sometimes.
5. He screams with every bite I feed him, but he's consuming quite a large quantity by spoon via the Magic Bullet. He's not allowed to have any milk, soy, nuts, or eggs. He no longer throws up as a result of laughing or crying (YAY!!). He still gags as a result of texture about once a day on average while I'm feeding him in his high chair. He can now handle baby cereal and applesauce. Progress! He likes to lick things like pretzels.
6. Changing Ian's diaper is rarely an easy task as he moves and squirms so much. A couple of days ago I had to rearrange his bedroom a little so that his hamper is no longer near the dresser where I have his changing pad. Too many times he kicked things off the dresser into the hamper. The last straw was when a wet diaper landed in the hamper, and I didn't discover it until I was transferring clothes from the washer to the dryer. You can rest assured those clothes all went back into the washing machine for a second time without a diaper. Yuck!!! Well changing his diaper has been super difficult lately because of his second urological surgery. His catheter comes out in one week! The bruising, swelling, and bleeding has improved greatly over the past few days. I have had a lot of trouble aiming the cathether properly. Urine often leaks out of it while I'm changing his diaper (kudos to the first hospital for giving me a cap as I didn't have this problem when I was able to put a cap on the catheter while I was changing his diaper), and he's ended up with wet clothes many times over the past week because of cathether issues (the diaper is dry but his clothes are soaked). Lovely. He particularly hates for me to clean the catheter, but I must do so because it gets poop on it all the time since we aren't going the double diaper route this time around.
7. Ian has recently learned the art of throwing a temper tantrum. He doesn't throw as many as Nadia did when she was this age, but he also hasn't had to deal with a younger sibling like she did. On Memorial Day (less than 2 weeks ago) it hit me that Ian was the exact age that Nadia was when Ian was born. Wow. I can't picture Ian being a big brother right now! Nadia was a lot more advanced in many ways, but still it helps me see how young she was when we shook up her world by bringing home a baby brother. I'd love for Ian to be a big brother some day, but most likely he'll always be the baby of the family.
8. Ian is definitely ALL boy. He loves vehicles,anything that makes a loud noise, balls, playing rough house, running, being chased, being tickled, etc. He attacks life with great gusto. Paul is often worried that Ian is going to injure himself. Usually he just gets right back up after he falls down.
9. He still adores being outside. He still pants when he gets really excited. I must get a video of this before he stops doing it!
10. He can't stand to have his face or hands washed. It seems as if it must be the end of the world every time that must take place.
11. He's started to put more things in his mouth. Yesterday he was putting the sidewalk chalk in his mouth. He doesn't like to eat food, but he wants to eat chalk???
12. He gives incredible hugs. His arms wrap around my neck ever so tightly. I adore his hugs.
13. He loves giving "five" and does that rather vigorously as well.
14. He's gotten much better about me washing his hair and clipping his nails. He still has a meltdown when I try to cut his hair though. Everyone makes comments about how white blonde his hair is and how blue his eyes are.
15. His mouth is open almost all the time. He's definitely a mouth breather.
16. He's come a long way over the past couple of weeks with his attitude toward the big pool. He still can't stand to be in the "boat" though.
17. His weight is almost identical to what it was when he turned 17 months old. He lost weight and then gained it back.
18. He still doesn't like it when I drop him off at the church nursery. He's definitely a mommy's boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment