
Several months ago I had purchased (when there was a really good sale) roller skates for Nadia and Ian. I had planned to give Nadia hers for her 3rd birthday. Well I have them to her 12 days early because a few days ago the neighbor girls came over and invited us to Gabby's 13th birthday party at a roller skating rink. This was Nadia's first birthday party invitation, and it was her first time at a roller skating rink. We decided since Ian only learned to walk 2 months ago that it was pointless to take him along. He stayed home with Daddy, and I took Nadia to the party. I shouldn't have told her about it ahead of time because she didn't sleep a wink, and her average nap time is 2 hours. Oops! She was one very cranky girl by the time I put her to bed at 7:45pm. We stayed at the party for a little more than an hour. She made some progress during that time in learning how to roller skate. It was a good workout for me let me tell you to hold onto her while we went around the rink, especially since it's been a few years since I skated. We brought her new Barbie skates, and I rented a pair of rollerblades as I have had far more experience ice skating than roller skating.
 |
| Nadia with Gabby (who turned 13 years old today) |
After putting Nadia to bed I went out and mowed the lawn. I didn't quite finish; I had to stop a little after 9pm because I couldn't see where I had mowed or not. It was just too dark. I don't prefer to mow that late at night, but Paul has been too busy to watch the kids for 75 minutes so that I can mow during the day. The upside of mowing after putting the kids to bed is that it's much cooler outside.
 |
| Right after I had put on her skates for the first time |
 |
| Skating with Alexis (14 1/2 years old) |
No comments:
Post a Comment