Last week I called Early Intervention and asked that we add speech therapy to Ian's plan. I was pleasantly surprised when I was introduced to her at Knoebels last week because we used to go to church together. Ironically she had given me advice regarding Ian's eating issues last fall when we attended a party for a mutual friend. Yesterday she called me to set up Ian's first session. She'll be coming on Thursday mornings starting next week. We haven't seen Ian's OT for 4 weeks because we had to cancel the last 3 sessions due to going to Maryland and then doctor appointments the past two Tuesdays. Ian is supposed to have his urological surgery on Monday. I found out today that we're supposed to be there by 10:30am. The poor guy is going to be hungry as he can only have clear liquids until 8:30am and then nothing after that. Hopefully we'll then see Karen (OT) on Tuesday and Christine (ST) on Thursday.

Paul's parents came to my rescue and came up to help watch the kids today while I manned the yard sale. If I don't make a lot more money tomorrow, I highly doubt I'll ever do another yard sale. I'll stick with selling things on eBay, Craigslist, and the consignment shop as well as donating things to the thrift store. However, if I sell a lot of stuff tomorrow then I will have another yard sale, but I'll only do it on a Saturday when Paul will be able to help. I also will do it as a garage sale instead. Live and learn. Because Paul's parents were here, I was able to get some other things done in addition to manning the yard sale such as cooking dinner, baking brownies, doing 2 loads of laundry (including our sheets and matress pads), and some other tasks on the Motivated Moms planner. I'm sure it's not safe to say she thinks of everything, but I continue to be amazed at all she includes such as this week she specifies which free credit report to request (there are 3 companies and you can request one from each every year which means you can get a free report every 4 months). She also said to switch the mattresses (as in the part for your heads moves to the part for your feet). In the fall she has you flip the mattress. I am not sure if I ever switched or flipped the mattress before. I definitely don't do everything she lists. Normally she has a very light schedule for Saturdays such as "water the house plants" or "change the kitchen towel." This past Saturday she said "clean the garage door, trim, and siding." My jaw dropped. I didn't do any of that. Every Friday she says "sweep the front porch." Today was the first time I did it in 2011. If I have another yard sale I'll make sure to have work I can do outside during the down time in between customers. Today I did some weeding and mulching, swept the front porch, and swept the garage. None of this would have been possible if Paul's parents weren't here to help watch the kids. What a blessing! I also was able to run some errands while Nadia napped. One thing I learned through the yard sale experience is that the Amish will buy "modern" pjs for their babies. I didn't think they'd be interested in any of my baby clothing, but they did buy some of my footed pjs.





 |
| Nadia recently learned how to use the pedals on her tricycle! (You can see the yard sale was in progress.) |
 |
| Ian slept for 2.25 hours on PopPop today. As you can see, PopPop also slept during part of the time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment