Thursday, June 23, 2011

Private Lesson!

Nadia looked really cute in her leotard and dance skirt this morning. Two other girls were wearing leotards today, and one of them also wore a black one like Nadia. The teacher posted 7 pictures from today's class on Facebook. Sadly Nadia was only in one of them. The children were doing leap frog. As was the case with VBS (aka "CVS"), the first thing Nadia talks about is what they had for snack. The teacher asked the girls to come to class tomorrow dressed up as either a princess or fairy. Nadia has several princess dresses. We'll see which one she picks to wear tomorrow. I told Christine (the teacher) that tomorrow is Nadia's birthday. I thought it would be special if the class sang happy birthday to her tomorrow.

After ballet we went to the pool. There was one woman sunning beside the pool, but we were the only ones in the pool. We started in the kiddie pool, and then Joe (a lifeguard) came over and asked Nadia if she wanted to go in the big pool. He took her in without her inner tube and pretty much gave her a swimming lesson. He worked with her on going underwater, kicking, and using her arms. She was able to swim very short distances on her own! I then put her inner tube on, and he had her swim the entire length of the pool! From 1-5pm they have two lifeguards on duty (from 10am-1pm and from 5:00-8:30pm they only have one guard on duty). Well the guard coming on duty at 1pm showed up at 12:45 and for the next 30 minutes Nadia had two lifeguards (brothers) who were playing with her. They were throwing her up in the air, having her stand on their hands and lifting her up high, taking her underwater, having swimming races, etc. She had a blast with these two teenagers! It was really kind of them. I played with Ian first in the kiddie pool and then in the big pool. Around 1:15 some other people started coming in so the lifeguards had to get out of the pool and sit in their chairs, so we left at that point so that I could get Nadia back for her nap. They charge $10 for a 30 minute private lesson. I felt like we got a free on hour lesson today! Nadia will be taking group lessons at another pool in a couple of weeks. Today we discovered there are definite advantages to having the pool to yourself. It was in the low 80's so I was really surprised that we were the only ones there. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me at the pool today.

P.S. For those who are interested (aka the Grandmas), I added a picture of the 3-4 year olds at VBS to this post.

No comments: