Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fourth Tooth

I was so fixated on waiting for Ian's third tooth to come in on the bottom, that I failed to notice he got his first tooth on the top jaw! Ian now has four teeth - three on the bottom and one on the top. The second one on the top feels like it's going to break through the gum any day now. When he turned 17 months he only had 2 teeth, but I think when he turns 18 months he'll probably have 5 teeth (three on the bottom and two on the top). Paul's mom was the one who discovered that he was teething on the top (on Friday).

I was taken aback when Paul mentioned his mom's discovery to me. Then I realized that I had constantly been checking the bottom jaw and hadn't checked the top jaw recently.  I am not sure if this is the best time for Ian to deal with teething pain although maybe the Tylenol with Codeine will help with that as well. I had thought that his dose at 1pm would be his last today, but he got REALLY fussy around 5pm so I gave him one more dose. They had said to give it every 4 hours for the first 24 hours and then as needed beyond that point. I'm hoping he will sleep in longer tomorrow morning. Ian and Nadia have been taking turns waking each other up in the morning. Nadia has usually been a great sleeper, but she's had trouble sleeping through the night the past couple of weeks. Thankfully she did sleep through the night on Sunday night. She had been getting up between 7-7:30, but now I'd be happy if she slept until 6:30.

No comments: