Friday, June 17, 2011

End of her 1st VBS

There was a program that started at 8pm tonight. I am not sure how I was supposed to know about it. I had been arriving about 10 minutes early each night to pick Nadia up a little early since it was going past her bedtime. When I arrived tonight the program was in progress. They were reviewing the Bible story from each night (Elijah when I came in) as well as each night's song. They were displaying various pictures from the week. If the kids had performed during the program I would have been really bummed to have missed it. It would have been nice to see the photos though. I stayed for a little bit of the program, but when they started reviewing the story of Jonah I had a feeling Nadia was getting scared. She was so I took her home. I am sure the program lasted well past 8:30, and they were having refreshments afterward. That would really have been a late night for Miss Nadia if we had stayed the whole time. They gave each child a photograph of the Preschool class mounted on cardstock. How sweet! I am thrilled that I now have a picture of Nadia from her first VBS. There are about thirty three and four year olds in the picture. The VBS was for ages 3-12. Three other moms who bring their kids to the same preschool story time on Fridays at 11:00 brought their kids to the same VBS. We saw each other at the library and VBS today!

Several of the leaders at the VBS told me tonight what a delight Nadia was this week and that they hoped to see her again next summer. Music to a Momma's ears! When Nadia prays she now expresses her gratitude to God for Himself (ie, thank You for my friends, my family, and for You too). She often asks me what God is doing in Heaven and tells me that she wants to go to Heaven to be with God. She's definitely become more interested in spiritual things lately.

Paul watched Ian from 6:30-7:30 every night this week (unless a diaper needed changed during that time span). I used that time (since Nadia was at VBS) to work on the accreditation report for my university. I made a lot of progress! I am now glad I agreed to do this project. I wasn't sure at first if I was biting off more than I could chew, but it was in fact feasible for me to do the work. I can't say I did much housework though this week. I need to get back in gear with my MoMo chores (that's the abbreviation the author uses). I have gotten in a routine of clipping the kids' nails every Wednesday. At least I can check one box off, lol!

The preschool library program resumed today. They had taken a few weeks off in between the end of the school year program and the summer program. There were a lot more kids there today than there were during the school year. Two other families in our little neighborhood were there. Both of those moms are school teachers so they aren't usually able to come. Today in both instances their husbands also came along (one family has one child and the other has two). We had to leave before the craft time because Ian had another leaky diaper. I keep remind myself it's coming out on Sunday morning. I have been changing his diaper far more often than usual, and I still can't seem to keep his clothes dry. Today he wore three different pairs of shorts and one pair of pants. The last one was the only one that wasn't sabotaged by a leaky diaper.

The weather wasn't good for going swimming today, but it is supposed to be warmer tomorrow. We dropped a few more things off at the consignment shop and then went to the mall to use a few coupons. I bought the kids a few things at BonTon and JCP. I spent $31.54 total for 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of pants, 1 skirt, 2 dresses, and 1 jean jacket. One of the shirts had Dora on it. I managed to buy it without Nadia noticing. I'm going to wrap it up as one of her birthday presents. Today I let her see the VeggieTale cups, napkins, and plates that I got her for her party. She was so excited! Actually Ian loved looking at them also. Ian had a total tantrum while we were shopping at BonTon. He's at the stage where he doesn't handle not getting what he wants well At All. Thankfully this phase doesn't last forever. :-)

The allergist said today that on June 23 I should cut back Ian's Pulmicort to 2 times a day. He's getting it 3 times a day right now. I've run out of the free samples of Singulair. I am hoping Merck sends some soon otherwise I'll need to go fill the prescription. I'm also hoping that AstraZeneca sends some Pulmicort soon as I only got one box (30 ampules) last Saturday. The allergist wanted to see Ian within the next 2 weeks, but the next two appts he had available at the office closest to us (which is 2 hours away) didn't work for us as Nadia has ballet camp on the 24th and Ian already has another doctor appt (psychologist) on July 7th. Delaying his next allergist appointment until July 14th doesn't bother me at all. Today he had one episode of projectile vomiting, but it was the first time that happened in 10 days. Singing wasn't as effective today because evidently he's not really keen on potatoes (which I pulverized in the Magic Bullet). The good news is that I weighed him, and he's gained almost one pound in the last week! He's up to almost 25 lbs. WOOHOO! He no longer gags on applesauce. On the one hand I get really excited by that, and then on the other hand I think about 12 month old children who can eat a hamburger, and my 18 month old still can't eat even a Cheerio. But still, we are making progress. I'm still praying he'll be eating table food by December, but that goal might be unrealistic.

No comments: