Saturday, June 11, 2011

Carnival!

Ian woke up at 6am. So much for being able to stay in bed until 7am on a Saturday. Nadia did sleep through the night though! I was planning on us attending part of the family fun day at Ard's Farm that a library was hosting in conjunction with our trip to the swimming pool. When I found out that Paul wasn't going to join us, I decided to just go swimming. We did run two quick errands on the way to the pool. First, we picked up Ian's medication (which Walmart did have in stock again). I got ten day's worth for $174.50. Ouch. Then we ran into Staples to redeem a $3 off anything coupon for a box of 64 Crayola crayons. They had a sign posted that you couldn't redeem that coupon more than once a day. You can tell I'm not an "extreme" couponer because it hadn't even crossed my mind to print the coupon multiple times (it was from Staples' website). I drove by Staples four times this week. I guess I could have used it 4 times.

At the pool I tried the "boat" with Ian gain. No dice. He is enjoying the big pool a lot more than before though. He loves to play on the first two steps. Nadia is getting braver at swimming small distances without me holding on while she's wearing her inner tube. By small distances I mean a few inches. She's gone underwater briefly a few times when jumping in the pool, and that hasn't seemed to bother her. I'm anxious to see how she'll do after her swim lessons next month. I'm hoping at some point this summer Ian enjoys the boat, but maybe that won't happen. I plan to just try it out periodically.

This evening we went to our fire department's annual carnival. They have it for two weeks. Starting on Monday it will be in our town. This week it's been in a neighboring town. In addition to eating our dinner there tonight, we bought Nadia a wrist band so she could ride all the rides she wanted. Even though she only rode for a little more than an hour (because it was getting time to leave to take the kids to bed), she had a blast. Her favorite ride was the kiddie roller coaster (see above). She's a girl after my own heart!

Paul took Ian to the playground that is right next to where they have the carnival. We didn't think he was big enough to ride the rides. He went nuts watching Nadia on the rollercoaster. Nadia and I shared an orange cream milkshake. We both loved it! The first picture was the collage I picked up at Sears yesterday. I also updated some of the pictures in this post with some of the prints I scanned.


No comments: