Monday, June 13, 2011

Knoebels Take 3

Today we had our third trip to Knoebels (as far as 2011 goes anyhow). Next week I'm planning to take the kids there on Thursday to meet a friend I met online on a ttc discussion board in 2003. She lives in New Jersey. Thus far I've met two women from that site in person - one it turned out only lived about 5 minutes away from me, lol! If all goes as planned next week then I'll have met 3 women in person that I got to know online first.  Today I took Gabby (our neighbor who babysits the kids sometimes) as well as one of Gabby's friends. The weather was gorgeous. It wasn't a good day to be at the swimming pool (high about 70), but it was a perfect day to be at an amusement park. I paid $10.50 for a hand stamp for Nadia, and I used a few tickets for Ian and myself. My favorite moment of the day was riding a kiddie roller coaster with Nadia. It was the first time for her to ride that ride, and we both loved it. I will treasure that moment for years to come as I love roller coasters and it was so special to share that experience with her. You couldn't always tell when Ian was enjoying a ride, but then when he'd cry when it was over then I realized - oh he really did like it after all!

Right now Paul is in the backyard playing with Ian, and Nadia is at VBS. It's her first time attending a VBS as previously she was too young. I'm planning on sending her to 3 VBS programs this summer - two in our town and one at our church in August. I'll be helping out at that one. I can't wait to hear what she thought about VBS. I had to start calling it "Bible school" because she kept calling it "CVS" instead of "VBS." Yesterday she didn't sleep (although she was in bed for 2 hours) because she was so excited about the roller skating party. Today I never even put her down for a nap because of our trip to Knoebels, and she didn't fall asleep on the way home because #1 Gabby was in the backseat with her and #2 she was eating a Happy Meal as her dinner as I took her right to VBS on our way home from Knoebels. I can't ever recall her entirely missing a nap two days in a row. Tomorrow I will make SURE she gets a good nap. To make matters worse, she usually is in bed by 8pm and the VBS goes until 8:30 each night this week. Hopefully she'll sleep in a little bit later than usual tomorrow.












No comments: