Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ian and the Gecko

At 18 months of age Ian already has a favorite outfit. It's only been very recently that Nadia has started to show a strong preference for what she wears. If I allowed her to, she'd wear her princess nightgown or her denim skirt (which she refers to as the skirt with the flowers on it) EVERY day. She definitely prefers skirts to shorts. I've learned to only buy skirts that are "skorts" with shorts underneath because she hasn't exactly learned how to be modest when wearing a skirt. I had noticed that Ian enjoys pointing out animals that are on his clothing. If it's a lion, he'll point to it and say "roar." I learned today that his favorite is the outfit pictured at left that has geckos on it. He had a total meltdown (huge tantrum) when I took it off to put on his swimsuit at the pool. I didn't figure out why he was upset until he started removing things from the bag and brought this outfit over to me. The first thing he did when we got home was reach into the bag and hand me the shirt for this outfit. This is definitely his favorite outfit! I'll make sure not to have him wear this on days we are going swimming.

Nadia wearing her favorite "sparkly" sandals.
I went to a few yardsales this morning after dropping Nadia off at the dance studio. I bought a box of 100 cookie cutters (letters, numbers, and various other shapes for Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.), a kid's dictionary for when the kids are older, and a Dora plate for Nadia. Then I took Ian to a playground we hadn't ever been to before. He had fun. After I was nice and sweaty, I took Ian to the pool, and then about an hour later we went and got Nadia and brought her back to the pool. Nadia was bummed that she wasn't wearing a leotard. One other girl did wear a leotard today. I'll let Nadia wear one tomorrow. I was suprised that we had the pool to ourself for part of the time since it was in the 80's today.


No comments: