When her ballet class was over three hours later, the four of us went to McDonald's for lunch. Nadia enjoyed her Happy Meal and enjoyed climbing in the playland. I took her to McD's soon after her first and second birthdays, and she wasn't big enough to enjoy the playland those times. She's a growing girl! On our way home we stopped at a dollar store so that Nadia could pick out 3 mylar balloons ($1 each). She picked out one of Elmo, one with three Disney princesses, and one with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Paul also blew up 3 VeggieTale latex balloons. The kids are both really enjoying the 6 balloons!
This morning after eating breakfast, Nadia played a game (one of her birthday presents) with Grandpa while I went to a few yard sales near our house. Then the 6 of us headed out to Hoopla's for a game of mini-bowling and a tour around Petsmart. After lunch and some time on the trampoline, Nadia took her nap.
While she was sleeping Paul's parents, grandmother, and nephew arrived. After she woke up, she opened up a few more presents before we had dinner. She had requested spaghetti and chocolate cake. I also served garlic bread, corn on the cob, and green beans with almonds. Aunt Millie and Uncle Al joined us while we were eating and brought a long a delicious cake and some vanilla cupcakes for PopPop and Daddy (who don't like chocolate). Nadia enjoyed more time on the trampoline and playing outside with Shawn until all our guests left. She then watched one of her new dvd's before heading to bed. It was the first tv she had watched in a few days (which is a great thing in my opinion).
I'm very, very tired, but I think my sweet girl had a very special third birthday. Actually, I think we all had a lot of fun! Her life is absolutely worth celebrating!! I hope you enjoy the pictures. I took a LOT the last two days! Believe it or not I was very selective in which ones I picked to post here!
No comments:
Post a Comment